FOUR - "A big sister"

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

The quiet of the room was broken by the sudden sound of the doorbell ringing. You sat up in your bed, your small body still wrapped in the too-big shirt Aizawa had given you. Curious, you slid off the bed, your feet landing softly on the floor. You tiptoed over to the door, carefully peeking out into the hallway to see what was going on.

From your spot, you could see Aizawa walking toward the front door. He opened it, revealing a  person holding a large bag. Aizawa took the bag with a simple nod, muttering a quick "Thanks" before shutting the door behind him.

In the kitchen, Yamada was perched on the counter, humming a tune to himself. When he saw the bag in Aizawa's hand, his hum turned into a full-blown song, "I love takeout, oh yes I do! Better than anything, better than stew!"

Aizawa shot him a look, raising an eyebrow. "Get off my counter," he said flatly, clearly used to Yamada's antics.

With a playful grin, Yamada hopped down, still singing his silly song. He was about to make his way over to the kotatsu when he caught sight of you peeking out from your room. His eyes lit up, and without missing a beat, he strolled over to you, scooping you up into his arms. "And here's our little guest!" he sang, spinning around once before setting you down by the kotatsu, still humming the tune.

As he placed you down, he winked and leaned in, whispering like he was sharing a big secret. "Takeout is way better than anything Aizawa could cook."

Aizawa, who was now setting the bag of food on the table, shot him a half-hearted glare. "Stop putting ideas in her head," he muttered as he started to unload the food.

"Oh, come on, Shota," Yamada teased, unfazed. "We both know all you can make is ramen."

Aizawa huffed, ignoring the jab as he continued setting up the food. The two of them bickered back and forth, their banter already a familiar sight to you, as they placed boxes and cartons of food on the table. You watched them with wide eyes, still trying to figure out this new place you found yourself in.

Finally, Aizawa placed a small box in front of you, along with a carton of apple juice. "Here you go. Go to town, kid," he said, his voice a bit softer when he spoke to you.

You stared at the box for a moment, hesitant. But your stomach growled, reminding you just how hungry you were. Slowly, you reached out and unwrapped the packaging. Inside was a burger and fries—something you'd never really had the luxury to eat before. You picked up the burger with both hands, taking a tentative bite.

As soon as the flavors hit your tongue, your eyes widened. It was delicious—juicy and warm, with just the right amount of everything. Before you knew it, you were devouring the burger, your hunger taking over. Each bite was better than the last, and it didn't take long for you to finish it.

Yamada chuckled from across the table, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Look at that! We've got matching mustaches now," he said, pointing at the bit of burger sauce that had found its way onto your upper lip.