SEVEN - "Misunderstandings"

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

As the final bell rings, you slowly pack your things, still preoccupied with what happened earlier with Shoto. Guilt gnaws at your chest as you think about the betrayed look on his face when Haruko confronted him. You can't shake the feeling that you messed up somehow. He looked so upset when he ran out of the classroom, and you didn't even get the chance to explain yourself.

When you step outside, you immediately spot Yamada and Aizawa standing by the school gates, waiting for you. Yamada waves at you with his usual energy, while Aizawa stands beside him with his arms crossed, looking as calm as ever. As you trudged towards them, Yamada's smile falters, and Aizawa's sharp eyes zero in on you. They notice your drooping shoulders and the frown tugging at the corners of your lips.

"Hey, kid," Aizawa says softly, crouching down to ruffle your hair. His voice is calm, but there's a hint of concern in it. "What's got you so down?"

You glance up at him and quickly look away, trying to force a smile. "Nothing," you mumble, but even you can hear how unconvincing it sounds.

Yamada exchanges a glance with Aizawa, both of them clearly not buying it. This morning you had been so excited, practically bouncing on your way to school, but now your mood had done a complete 180. Still, they decide not to press you any further—for now anyways. Instead, Yamada grins and steps forward, sliding his hands under your arms and lifting you into the air.

"How about we go to the park?!" he suggests with his usual enthusiasm, swinging you onto his shoulders before you can protest.

Aizawa nods, his hands stuffed into his pockets. "Yeah, the park sounds like a good idea."

You can't help but feel a little lighter as you sit on Yamada's shoulders, gripping his untamed hair for balance. They're trying so hard to make you feel better, and you appreciate it, even if your heart still feels heavy. "Yeah... the park sounds nice," you admit softly, the smallest of smiles tugging at your lips.

"Park it is!" Yamada exclaims, marching ahead as you ride on his shoulders, bouncing slightly with each step. Aizawa follows behind, his usual calm presence reassuring. You lean forward a bit, resting your chin on Yamada's head, trying to push thoughts of Shoto and Haruko to the back of your mind as you focus on the moment.

Maybe the park will help you forget—at least for a little while.

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

The sun beams down warmly as you arrive at the park, its light illuminating the sprawling green space. The park is a mix of bright, colorful playground equipment and open fields. A small pond glimmers in the distance, and the air is filled with the sound of laughter and children running around. You spot a large climbing frame ahead, one of the main attractions, with ropes, a rock wall, and a twisty slide at the top.