18• Under the Rain

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside, my heart aching like it was being crushed by an invisible force

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside, my heart aching like it was being crushed by an invisible force. We both belong to royal families, bound by traditions and principles. In our house, alcohol is forbidden, and such places are avoided. Yet, here she was, dressed in a way I'd never seen before, tugging at her skirt to cover her legs, clearly uncomfortable, and the sight of her like this made my blood boil. Why was she here?

I couldn't hold back any longer. I moved toward her, but just as I reached out, she turned away, heading toward the stage.

I pulled her closer, desperate for answers, but she did not look at me, not even once. Instead, she kept dancing, her movements mechanical, as if she was forcing herself to be here. How could she do this? How could she dance with a man she didn’t even know, without once glancing at him?

The thought clawed at me—if I hadn’t been here, would she have let that man touch her? Would she have let him run his hands over her waist, her arms? Would she have let him intertwine his fingers with hers? The idea tormented me, like a knife twisting in my chest.

And then, she finally looked at me. But there was no recognition in her eyes. She didn’t expect me to be there. Then who did she expect?

“Kya kar rahe hain aap?… Haath chhodiye… Mujhe dard ho raha hai… Aapko sunai nahi diya… Maine kaha—”

[ What are you doing?...leave my hand....It is hurting.... don't you hear me... I said...]

I released her wrist with a slight push, her body jerking forward as she gasped for breath, her chest heaving. I shut my eyes, trying to swallow the rage that was boiling inside me, but when I opened them again, my gaze fell on the neckline of her dress, and I couldn’t help the surge of protectiveness that flared up.

“Kya kar rahi ho yahan?” I sighed, stepping forward.

[ What are you doing here ? ]

“Meri baat suniye—”
[ Listen to me- ]
“Kya kar rahi ho yahan?” My voice hardened, but she still hesitated.
[ What are you doing here ? ]

“M-main… yahan—”
[ I was here- ]

“Kya kar rahi ho yahan?” I demanded, my frustration reaching its peak. Each step I took forward, she took one back, trying to evade the question. There was something she wasn’t telling me, something she was hiding.

[ What are you doing here ? ]

“Aapko Kiara ke paas hona cha—”
[ You should have with Kiara ]

“Kya kar rahi ho yahan?” I slammed my hand against the car behind her, making her flinch. My mind was already spiraling out of control, and finding her here only made things worse. She tried to deflect the conversation, bringing up Kiara, but I wasn’t about to let her change the subject.

[ What are you doing here ? ]

She stayed silent, her dark brown eyes locked onto mine, red-rimmed and shining as the light falling on them. We both wearing a mask and We didn't take it off avoid of getting recognised by someone if they pass by, well the area was empty.