14

It was Monday morning and Vinnie had just been shaken from her sleep by the sound of somebody pounding on the hotel door. "Lando!" Vinnie called as she rubbed sleep from her eyes.

"What?" He called back, his voice all scratchy from sleep. "The door..." Vinnie trailed off, as if it should have been obvious to him that she wanted him to answer it. 

"I can't be bothered." Was all the British racing driver said, sounding half-asleep. "You're closer to the door." Vinnie told him, letting him know that she was annoyed by the tone of her voice. "And whose fault is that?" He quipped, making Vinnie roll her eyes.

Vinnie let out a loud groan before clambering out of bed and dragging her feet along to the carpenter floor to the door. When Vinnie pulled open the door, she was surprised to see one of the McLaren employees. Vinnie barley even recognised the boy, she'd only seen him around the hospitality a few times and had never spoken even spoken to him before.

"Hello?" Vinnie said with confusion evident in her voice, still using one of her fists to rub the sleep from her eyes. "You missed your flight." The boy was quick to say, seeming quite stressed.

"What?" Vinnie asked, not really being able to register what he'd just said. "You missed your flight." The boy repeated, appearing to be growing rather annoyed.

It was then that Lando came up behind Vinnie, pushing by her. "What's going on?" Lando asked and Vinnie couldn't help but let out a laugh at what he was wearing. "Is that my robe?" Vinnie questioned, recognising the navy silk that was draped over his body from the butterfly print on it. 

"I only had my boxers on..." Lando said as he looked over his shoulder at her, confused as to what the problem was. "Now, what is going on?" Lando asked again as he turned back to the McLaren employee at the door. "You missed your flight." The boy told him, getting progressively more and more fed up with the whole situation.

"How did we miss our flight?" Lando questioned, furrowing his brows. "By sleeping in, I guess." The boy said, looking between the two McLaren drivers that were looking anything but presentable.  "We take a jet, could they not just have waited for us if we were a little late?" Vinnie asked, also furrowing her brows.

"To my understanding they did, but you were over an hour late and some of your team have families to get back to..." The McLaren employee trialed off, shrugging his shoulders at her.

"Over an hour late?" Vinnie questioned, not being able to believe what she was hearing. It didn't take long for the boy at the door to nod. "Why didn't they just call us?" Vinnie asked, not understanding the situation she was in. "I believe they did, or that is what they told me over the phone 20 minutes ago." He told her, making Vinnie jog back into the room to try and find her phone. When she came back to the door, she had her eyes glued to the screen. "God, I have 30 missed calls." Vinnie sighed, rubbing her temples.

"How did you sleep through all of that?" Lando asked and Vinnie could hear a judgyness in how he spoke.
"How did you?" Vinnie questioned back, raising her voice a little. "You couldn't even sleep through me taking a shower last night." Vinnie told him, already wanting to strangle him and she only just woke up.

"Yeah, cause you made an absolute racket." He told her, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I thought a herd of cows that broken into the room." He remarked, making himself chuckle a little.

"Did you just call me a cow?" Vinnie asked, sucking her teeth. "No." Lando was quick to say. "I called you a heard of cows." He added, making himself chuckle again.

Vinnie didn't waste anytime in slapping the back of his head with her palm. As Lando cried out in pain, the McLaren employee spoke up again. "The jet will be back to pick you up tomorrow morning." He told them, ignoring how childish they were both acting. "The room has been rebooked for you." He added.