18

It was Wednesday and Vinnie was in her garage, working on one of her cars when phone began to ring. Vinnie's hands were covered in oil, so it took her a minute to answer it as she had to wipe them.

Vinnie didn't look at who was calling before answering, which proved to be a mistake. "Hello?" Vinnie said as she picked up the phone.

"Where the fuck are you?" Lando's voice sounded through her phone. Vinnie knew giving him her number was going to come back to bite her in the ass but she didn't have a choice, Josh had made her give it to him when he found out they didn't have have each-others numbers. "Why?" Vinnie was quick to ask, unimpressed with his tone.

"Because I'm meant to be staying at your apartment this weekend and you're not here to let me in." Lando told her, clearly frustrated. It was then that Vinnie remembered that they agreed he'd stay at her apartment that weekend. It was the weekend of the Monaco Grand Prix, and Josh and Penny had told them they had to choose whose apartment they'd be staying at. Vinnie refused to live in a man's space, so that meant Lando would be moving in with her for the weekend.

"I'm at my apartment, I'm just the in the garage." Vinnie told him. "Well, can you come and open the door?" Lando asked and Vinnie sighed before hanging up the phone and getting into the elevator that was in her garage and went up to the living room of her apartment.

It wasn't long until Vinnie was opening the door of her apartment for Lando, not that she was at all happy about it. "They're spare bedrooms upstairs, pick whichever one you want." Vinnie told him, pointing to the staircase that was visible to them from the door due to the open planeness of the apartment.

Vinnie was on her way back to the elevator to go back down to her garage, when Lando called out to her. "What are you doing?" He asked, dumping his bags at the bottom of the staircase that he'd just walked over to. "I'm fixing up this car that I just bought." Vinnie told him as she got into the elevator, pushing the button for her garage.

"Ooo, I want to see!" Lando exclaimed, running into the elevator just before it's doors just. Vinnie shut her eyes as she let out a sigh. All she could think was that she had a long weekend ahead of her. "Fine, but if you touch anything in my garage then I will kill you." Vinnie told him and he could tell by her face that she was serious.

As soon as they got into the garage, Lando began to wonder about. It made Vinnie nervous as she knew how clumsy he could be, and did not want him accidentally damaging one of her cars. "Is this a Jaguar E-Type?" Lando asked and Vinnie was quick to nod. 
"Yeah, it's a 1965 Coupe." Vinnie told him.

"I didn't think you'd have a car like this, most F1 drivers just go for whatever is the most expensive."   Lando told her as he circled the car, looking at it like it was some piece of art.

"I saw it at a car auction I went to with Callum and I just knew I had to have it, even if it was a bit of a mess." Vinnie said as she picked up one of her tools of of her work bench before going over to the car that she currently working on.

"It's looks good now." Lando said as Vinnie lifted up the hood of the car. "Yeah, I fixed it up last year."  Vinnie told him, no longer looking at him.

"And what about this one?" Lando asked as he walked over to her, pointing to the car she was working on.

"It's a MERCEDES-BENZ 190 SL." Vinnie said as she looked up at the him. "I'm not fixing it up for me though, it's for Callum's birthday." Vinnie told him, grabbing a rag from behind her to wipe her hands as they were now dirty again.