two

i wake up to the brightness of the day peeking through the sides of the blinds, giving me just enough light to see my phone. the number '8:23' shines back at me as i sigh.

harry's arm is cupping my waist but the weight of it pushing on my bladder.

"harry," i smile as i poke his back. he replies with a grunt, rolling over. i run to the toilet and return to see harry sat up against the headboard scrolling on his phone.

he greets me with a smile, "tired last night?"

"i don't even know how. i got up at 11 yesterday" i laughed as i climbed back in to bed, resting my head on his shoulder watching his twitter, "your bed must have been too comfy"

"it wasn't my bed you fell asleep in, eve," he giggled as i looked up at him with a confused expression, "check the group chat"

chris had made a group chat with me, harry, cal, ethan, will, mia, chip and gee as he would regularly ask us to feature in his alcohol based videos. it was a quick and easy way to discuss plans between us.

alcoholics anonymous
cal sent 2 photos
chip: my literal parents
ethan: bro they're best friends
gee: well i, for one, will be rooting for them until the day i die
mia: i'll die on that hill with you
harold x: ill kill you all
harold x: especially that fucking giraffe
cal: me? :(

the first photo cal sent was one of me fast asleep on harry's lap, with him resting his phone on me whilst he watched a football game rather intensely.

the second photo was from inside of cal's room, where you could see harry stood in the doorway with me in his arms. i looked like a child being carried to bed by their parent, but the cheesy grin on harry's face told me that he wasn't mad about it.

"oh nelly," i scoffed, zooming in on my not so pleasant facial expression whilst sleeping. i didn't realise how much of harry's vocabulary i picked up until we laughed about how it sounded with my disgustingly northern accent, "at least we have ethan backing us."

"yeah," harry chuckled as he lifted himself out of bed, "shoot at 1 today, right?"

"12!" i shouted, correcting him for the fifth time this week, "now, get ready. i'm not taking any photos of you looking like that. absolute scruff."

"evie, this is natural beauty. you're lucky your camera is even able to pick up all this perfection"

"i'm gonna go before you're insane ego sucks up all the oxygen in the room, see you later" i laugh, heading out his bedroom door.

"1pm, yeah?"

"12!" i exclaim one last time.

"walk of shame is it, eve?" cal bellows as he spots me walking down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"shut up, callum" i chuckle.

"oi, do you want a breakfast?" he replies, talking awfully loud for this time in the morning as he checks on his bacon.

"no, i'm okay, thanks. gonna get off" i smile as i walk towards the door.

"don't worry about it! the old 'shag and dash', done it a few times myself" cal laughs to himself as i slam the door with a smile on my face, not even entertaining his childish remarks.