sixteen

it had been a rough two days.

luckily, i didn't have a sidemen shoot until next week as the boys didn't need a photographer for the videos they were filming this week. so, i hadn't seen harry. fucking hell, i hadn't even left my flat in order to prevent running in to him or anyone else. i hadn't answered any calls or texts. basically. i had ordered food and watched sad films for two whole days straight. oh, and cried. a lot.

i was similar to how i was when harry and i fell out after his birthday, on my sofa with my duvet surrounded by mess. usually, it would piss me off but my mind wasn't in the place to be thinking about anything other than harry. i couldn't even leave my flat without memories flooding in. thoughts of us doing everything, even the casual things, together.

a loud, firm knock at the door snapped me out of the depressing thoughts. my heart stopped as i sighed, rising from the sofa and trudging towards the door.

i was greeted with a warm smile, "alright?" ethan said. i let out a breath i didn't realise i was holding in, it wasn't harry. i wasn't sure if i wanted it to be at first, but the small bit of disappointment i could feel told me that i did.

"evie?" his brows furrowed at the absence of a reply.

"sorry- yeah, are you?" i stuttered, not wanting to invite him and showcase the state my flat was in.

"i am, yes. just wanted to give you this," he handed me a grey package, "it came to mine yesterday"

"oh, yeah. thanks," i chuckled as i took it from his hand, "i put you as my emergency address on royal mail"

"its sound, its sound," he nodded, "do you erm, want to go for a coffee or something? we're all a bit worried about you."

guilt consumed me as i remembered the countless calls and messages i had ignored from all of my friends. it was at that moment, standing with behz in my doorway, that i realised these weren't just harry's friends. they were my friends too and i deserved to have them just as much as he did.

"do you know what, i will. meet you downstairs in 15?" i smiled, watching him nod as his face lit up.

after around 20 minutes, i greeted ethan with a hug in reception before leaving.

"should we just go to the one down the street?" ethan asked, pointing as we walked.

"yeah, go on then" i nodded as we headed in the right direction.

ethan played with his hood as he spoke, "so, i noticed you've been posting a lot more videos"

"yeah," i chuckled, "i just need to find my style, not sure what to post yet"

"well, everyone on my stream last night was begging me to force you to post more. i'd just keep doing what you're doing, they're loving it, eves" he smiled as he looked at my shocked expression.

"i haven't even looked at them since i posted, i'm too scared," i scoffed and thought about the possible negative comments.

the past 3 videos i have posted have included harry and i knew that the fangirls would be on to me sooner rather than later.

my worried expression clearly didn't go unnoticed, "evie, you are amazing. we all think it and i know that everyone else will too. don't be afraid to put yourself out there, i can see you proper succeeding, you know."

i smiled at his nice words, "what a big softie," i laughed, pushing his shoulder as he laughed, "i will see how it goes. i actually quite like it"

"good. evie and behz collab coming soon"

ethan and i laughed together through the walk, eventually sitting on a bench with a coffee.

we had many chats whilst i realised i needed to stay in london. i knew i loved it here more than anywhere else. this city is meant for me and i know i'll never be alone here.

"so, you gonna tell me what's up then?" ethan asked as he took a sip.

i shit him a look as he had asked me this question many times, "harry and i have fell out." i sighed.

"pfft," ethan scoffed in disbelief, "for a week maybe."

"no, i'm for real!" i threw my hands up in defence, "i can't see us making up this time."

ethan shot me a sympathetic look which made me roll my eyes, "you two best sort it. can't lose the dynamic duo."