eleven

it was the day of my party at will & mias flat and i was now in the mood that i usually am in before a party. now that i had made up with harry, i felt much better about being around everyone.

after a successful sidemen shoot for a new 'blind dating' video, i made my way home to get ready for today.

i sung along to my arctic monkeys vinyl as i applied my usual makeup and curled my hair, with a slight buzz due to the pre-drinks. i had a total of 3 drinks whilst getting ready, just to prepare myself for the night ahead.

just as i swiped lip gloss across my lip, ready to leave, my phone buzzed.

@wroetoshaw ; 21! happy birthday eves, love you x

i smiled at the picture, one of us on a boat in ibiza. harry knows this is my favourite picture, as it is the one on my lockscreen. i got chip to take it on my camera, which he couldn't quite work out which explains the awful settings. however, the sunset looked amazing- even if harry and i were in the shadows a bit.

i hearted the picture and posted a quick comment before leaving the house to catch a taxi to will and mias.

even though the people there were some of my closest friends, i still felt an anxious tingle in my stomach. since i was younger, i've always felt awkward in social gatherings. nothing has changed since then, even though by theory i should be used to it. the attention i'll receive once i walk in the door is both welcoming and nerve wracking, but i couldn't wait to celebrate and i wouldn't change my friends' enthusiasm for the world.

"my baby!" mia cheered as she opened the door, "oh, what have you got?"

"i brought wine, just in case" i shrugged, knowing mia would have sorted everything. it felt rude not to.

"well, happy birthday!" she smiled, gesturing to everyone inside.

i heard many 'happy birthday's as i made my way to the kitchen, shouting a 'thank you everyone' as i placed my bottle down.

"ayy, happy birthday, evie!" tobi grinned as he brought me in to a hug, "21, you know"

"ah- i remember 21" josh joked from beside him as they laughed together.

"yeah, not quite as old as you two just yet" i laughed at the sarcastically hurt expressions, pouring myself a glass of wine.

"no! you must do shots, the host orders you to!" will appeared out of nowhere, grabbing the tequila, "happy birthday by the way"

"thank you," i giggled, tipping the shot up before immediately chasing it with my wine, "god i hate tequila"

"evie! oi, i want one," harry stumbled over, taking a random shot glass and holding it up to will.

"looks like i've got some catching up to do" i giggled at harry's state.

"happy birthday," harry cheered as he shot the tequila.

"thank you very much" i laughed, "how long has everyone been here? they all seem so drunk, i hope i wasn't really late"

"nah, only like two hours," harry explained, "im just in a drinking mood"

"when are you not?" cal appeared with arthur, slapping a hand on harry's shoulder.

"does anyone want to do odds on?" arthur asked, smiling at harry and i.

"go on then" i giggled.

"okay, odds on downing two drinks?"

"ermmm, 6"

"6 is brazy considering you only just got here," cal laughed as he held on to harry for balance.

arthur and i both said 4, which resulted in my hanging my head in defeat, "okay, okay. let me get another glass"

the three boys cheered as i downed two glasses of wine as i realised it was way too early in the night to be doing this.

several hours of dancing later, my feet were beginning to hurt. i took my heels off, proud of myself for keeping them on for the majority of the night. i slowly looked through pictures on my phone, having over 100 of me and my friends. my favourite was one of chip, gee, harry and i. harry and chip were laughing about something together which meant they were real smiles and we all looked incredibly happy.

"i think i'm ready for home time, you know" harry slurred as he slumped down next to me.

"yeah, me too. uber?"

"let's go"

we finally reached home after saying all our goodbyes, me drowning in harry's hoodie as we stumbled out of the car.

"but yeah, behz wasn't too happy" harry finished explaining how ethan's trainers got ruined because of lux as we reached my door.

"i mean, that's fair," i spun on my feet to bring harry in to a hug as he lifted me up slightly, "thank you" i whispered to him.

"i-" harry stuttered as our faces were stuck inches apart, clocks clearly ticking in his head as he studied my face.

he let go of my waist and placed me on the floor before placing a hand on the back of my head and slamming our lips together.

i would've thought it would be weird, but kissing someone never felt so right. i was scared of the consequences, seeing as we were best friends, but i couldn't bring myself to pull away.

"erm-" a cough snapped us out of what seemed like a different planet as we pulled away to see cal stood in the hallway, a jacket in hand, "evie, you left your jacket at will's"

"oh- thank you," i smiled awkwardly, walking to cal and taking the jacket before opening my door, "bye"

as i closed the door on both boys, my back dragged down the door as i sat on the floor, trying to grasp what had just happened.

every time someone had hinted to me and harry together, i never thought to consider it. we had never even had a flirty conversation, let alone do something like that. when we first met, it was friendly conversation that turned into a long lasting friendship. i don't know if what just happened has ruined that, but i feel like i owe it to myself to explore it.

after all, now i think about it, harry is everything i would want in a boyfriend. but i couldn't deal with having my heart broken by my best friend- someone who i view as perfect.

before i could get deeper in thought and drive myself even more insane, i got up and walked towards my bedroom. i put gossip girl on, changed into pyjama shorts, took my makeup off and crawled in to bed still in harry's hoodie. usually, after a night out i would just climb straight in to bed but it seems like the kiss had sobered me up quickly.

i lay in bed awake for hours overthinking the night, desperately trying to focus on everything else but it seemed like it all linked to harry.