twelve

my eyes flickered open from the buzz of my phone on the table next to me. i groaned as i looked over to see 'incoming call; gee'.

sitting up slightly, i answered the call to see gee looking as good as ever on her balcony.

"good morning sunshine," she giggled at the state of me, "how's 21 treating you?"

"like shit so far" i laughed.

"where'd you go last night? we wanted a sing song but no one could find you"

"i- uh," i stuttered, "left with harry."

"yeah? that's normal isn't it," she furrowed her brows, "why you being weird about it?"

"you have to swear you won't tell anyone, gee," i whispered, "not even chippo"

"okay, okay," she grinned, wanting the gossip i had.

"promise me, gee!"

"i promise i will not tell anyone, especially not josh" she recited with her pinky in the camera.

"okay, so last night harry and i got an uber together and he walked me up to my room as he was telling me some story about ethan," i began, "all normal. but then, i hugged him to thank him for today and we sort of just got a bit stuck in the moment and he kissed me"

"oh my fucking god, eve!" gee squealed with excitement, her jaw dropped, "i'm so happy for you"

"no, no," i stopped her, "don't be too happy. i don't know what to fucking do, man"

"explore it! everyone sees how harry looks at you and how you two are when you're together. you two have got an amazing friendship but imagine what could come of this" she rants, saying everything she's always wanted to.

"yeah, i hear that. thanks gee, i'm gonna go get ready and see if he wants to talk" i huffed.

she clapped her hands in excitement, "bye, i love you!"

after i got off of the phone with gee, i got myself looking as presentable as possible given my hungover state. i wore my black '165th floor' hoodie from the fellas, it was actually amazing quality and something i was proud to promote for my best friends.

i decided to call harry rather than message, partly because he was an awful texter and partly because i wanted an answer quickly.

"hello," he muttered as he answered the phone, clearly just woken up.

"oh- sorry, did i wake you?"

"nah, no it's fine," he reassured, "you alright?"

i took a deep breath in, "yeah, i was just wondering if you wanted to talk today?"

"yeah, of course. fancy coming round in 15?"

"see you then" i cheered before ending the call, feeling much more anxious than anticipated.

i figured in my spare 15 minutes i would eat something, which might also help me stop feeling like i'm about to throw up.

i made avocado on toast, eating at my island whilst i imagined every outcome of today. i didn't want anything to be awkward. harry was my best friend and we spent almost every waking moment together. we worked together, we shared the same friends, we were invited to the same things. we were so deep in to the friendship that i now couldn't imagine my life in london without him.

i met harry a month after i moved to the capital and now it seems like everything i've done since is as a result of him. every restaurant, every day out, even my flat was linked to him. i didn't realise how much of an inconvenience it possibly could be until now, when i'm imagining a life in london with no harry.