3 || Setup

After a campus security guard takes off my cuffs, I storm out of the administrative building. I'm really irritated. Irritated doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm infuriated. I'm surprised steam isn't coming out of my ears.

I stomp angrily down to one of the school's frat houses and bang angrily on the door with the side of my fist. The door opens and I stare at the guy with a look that I can only describe as repulsion.

"Charlotte. Isn't it a bit late for you to be here? Oh wait, you're here to see Ryan aren't you?" The guy asks with a dirty smirk on his face.

"First of all, ew. Second of all, absolutely not. I'm not, 'here to see' Ryan. I came to talk to him. I have a few choice things I need to say," I scour.

"Chillax Charlotte. I'm just teasing you. Come on in. By the expression on your face and the tone of your voice, I can tell this conversation will be interesting and there's nothing I'm going to do to stop it from happening. Come on in, I'll show you where Ryan is."

I follow the guy through the house until we end up in a game room. There I see a group of other guys playing pool, and Ryan is among them. I walk over to him and forcefully grab his arm, pulling him away from the table.

"Hey Char!" Ryan exclaims before bending down to hug me.

I shove him off of me and glare at him before hissing,"Dont hey me. We need to talk. Now."

Ryan nods understandingly and follows me out the door. We stop in the living room and he plops down on the couch.

"Aren't you going to sit down babe?"

"I don't think so," I say, practically spitting in his face. "Don't act all innocent Ryan. I can't believe you ditched me out there! I got caught, cuffed, and dragged into Mr. Perkins' office for questioning."

"Why didn't you run faster?" He asks in a joking tone.

"How could you possibly be joking with me about this? Can't you see I'm upset?! You told me that we were going out to paint something for a mural your art class has been working on. You said you have been waiting last minute to finish your part and you needed to do it to get a good grade. Well guess what? They found your little graffiti project and you won't be going back there any time soon unless you want to be punished," I say.

"Of course it wasn't an art project. I paint for fun."

"It's ILLEGAL Ryan!" I scream.

"See? This is why I didn't tell you the truth from the beginning. I knew I wouldn't be able to convince you to come if I told you the truth," he says in a casual tone.

"This is ridiculous. Ryan I'm getting expelled because of you!"

Ryan's eyes suddenly widen and he asks in a panicked tone,"Wait you covered for me right?"

I groan before running by hands through my wind styled hair.

"Ryan. You're unbelievable. I just told you that I'm getting expelled and you don't even care about me. You care about your own well-being. You know what? We're done," I exclaim in utter disgust. I turn around and storm out of the room.

"Come on Char! We can fix this!" Ryan exclaims desperately.

"This can't be fixed! It's been nice knowing you Ryan. See you never. I'll be gone by the end of the week!" I scream before walking out the door and slamming it behind me.