9|| Don't Be the Lame New Girl

Charlotte's POV

"I still can't believe you tricked me into this," I say to Harry. He chuckles in response, giving me a quick smile before turning his attention back on the road.

"Come on, riding with me isn't so bad. I mean, it could be worse," he replies.

"Yeah but it could be better!" I exclaim playfully.

Harry's green eyes light up in surprise from my witty comment.

"Spirited now aren't we?" He mutters, shaking his brown curls out of his eyes.

He isn't familiar with the sassy side of me yet, but the longer he sticks around, the more he'll get used to it. And hopefully, Harry will stick around for a long time. He seems so sweet, unlike most of the frat guys I've dated in the past. I think that's what draws me to him. His aura is so enticing because its unfamiliar to me.

Zayn's more like the boys I've dated. Not because he's fratty necessarily but because the whole jerk vibe is there.

With the thoughts of Zayn filling my head, my mind wanders back to last night. I know I probably deserved some of the crap I got from him. I need to learn when to shut my mouth but it's hard when I always want to get the last word in. Also, I was trying to get under his skin. Call it revenge for calling me Lottie.

Despite that, Zayn was really harsh. I was scared when he raised his voice and started screaming things at me. He looked insane, glaring at me in the kitchen with the bottle in his hand. He's unpredictable and he's changed so much; I had no idea what he was capable of doing to me. And, his words really hurt. I thought that despite his unfriendly behavior, he would turn around. I thought maybe we could have been friends again. Oh well. That's just me - stupid, naive Charlotte.

"Char? Char?" I hear Harry call.

I snap my head up and look over at him. As my eyes meet his, I notice his concerned expression.

He asks. "You looked pretty deep in thought and had a sour expression on your face. Is everything alright?"

"Um...yeah. Everything is...fine." I say all too unconvincingly. Harry looks at me with a skeptical look and I let out a sigh. "Well ok. Zayn and I got in a fight. He was mad because I got home too late and he thinks it's unsafe. He also doesn't want me hanging out with you..."

"What did Zayn tell you about me?" Harry asks, his eyes wide.

"Nothing! He just said that I shouldn't be hanging out with you. Why? Do you know each other?" I ask.

"No. No he doesn't know me," Harry answers quickly. "I just asked because I didn't want him scaring you off if he doesn't know who I am, that's all."

I sigh before slumping back in my chair. I guess I believe Harry. Why would he lie to me? I was skeptical when Zayn said he didn't know Harry, but now I know the truth. They don't know each other. They wouldn't lie. They're just guys and they're acting weird because they're concerned for my safety. Right?

-:-:-:-:-

"Hey Charlotte! You got a minute?" Louis calls to me as I walk out of class.

After turning around and meeting him with a smile, I reply," Yeah sure. What's up?"

"Well you know how you're new right?"

"I'm new? Wow! I never thought anyone would figure it out. I mean, I only get lost about 5 times a day and talk to absolutely no one," I reply sarcastically.

"Haha very funny," Louis says, rolling his eyes. "But I thought the best way for you to meet new people would be....at a party!"

My jaw drops as the words leave Louis' mouth. Sure I partied a bit at my old school, but I only hung out with my boyfriend when I was there. I would consider myself to be decently popular there, but I was never as big of a socialite as my roommate Maizy.

We would normally go to parties together and she would always be the one doing most of the mixing, talking, and introducing. I had an appreciation for parties but never enjoyed them as much as everyone else.

"I don't think going to a party the first week I get to a new school is a great idea," I reply.

"Oh come on Charlotte! It's a great idea. Harry and I are throwing it at Harry's fraternity house! It'll be an absolute blast! Between me, Harry, and Shannon, we know almost everyone on campus! Shan could even introduce you to some new boys?" Louis says with a flirty wink.

"Shut up! A relationship is not my number one priority. My priority right now is trying to get caught up in class!" I exclaim before hitting Louis in the arm with my binder.

He laughs along with me, his blue eyes sparkling. "Well your number one priority should be this party. It's at the frat house tomorrow night. C'mon Charlotte. Don't be the new lame girl," he teases.

After a moment of consideration, I give in.

"Fine. But you owe me Tomlinson!"

"We'll see about that after the party!" Louis exclaims before running off to his next class.