- 17 -

- ADDYSON LOPEZ -

Hana: How does it feel being a loser huh, LOSER?

Hana: I FEEL SO GOOD TO WIN

Hana: IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I FELT LIKE THIS

Hana: FINALLY

Hana: THE ODDS ARE IN MY FAVOR

Natawa ako sa sunod-sunod na texts ni Hana. We do this every Sunday night, playing rock-paper-scissors and whoever is the loser, siya ang lalabas para bumili ng snacks sa 7/11 sa tapat. I'd been winning for a straight month, ngayon ang unang beses na lalabas ako.

I made to press the elevator button, but someone beat me to it.

"Addy?"

My heart reacted first. There he was, standing tall beside me with a handsome face and sweet scent. "Julien?"

Both our eyes were wide. "Don't tell me..."

Napalunok ako, "I live here."

"And I moved in here, yesterday."

"You—yesterday... sa 7E?" he nodded, "Ikaw ang kapitbahay namin?!"

Lumawak ang ngiti niya, "Whoa, isn't this like, destiny?"

"You believe in destiny?"

"We're both here, aren't we?"

"Uh, isn't this just... a coincidence?"

His smile was lopsided, "Nah. Don't think so."

I gazed at his beautiful features, that I might have the chance to see everyday. "Okay."

We entered the elevator bago pa ito muling sumara. Sa 7/11 din pala ang punta niya, ang dami niyang tanong habang pababa kami, and I told him everything: I was living with my friend, Hana. The unit was a gift to her from her parents when she turned eighteen, she asked me to move in with her, after a few months of living alone dahil hindi niya raw kayang mamuhay mag-isa. My parents were fine with it, dahil busy rin naman sila at ako lang din naman palagi mag-isa sa bahay. I was really thankful to Hana, dahil bukod sa palagi na akong may kasama, napalapit pa ako sa university.

Julien had the same reason kaya siya lumipat, it was to be near the campus as well. East University was just right across our building. He was not totally alone though, dahil nasa 10th floor lang ang unit ni Healer, at kaya pala pamadalas din silang magkasama, dahil ito ang katulong niya sa paglilipat.

Being the angel that he was, Julien bought us more snacks. Aabangan niya rin daw kung sino sa'min ni Hana ang matatalo next week.

"Good night, Addy." He said as I was punching the passcode on Hana's door. "I'm glad you're here."

"Me, too!" I was feeling elated, kita yata lahat nag ngipin ko sa pagngiti ko. "Good night."

Closing the door behind me, I leaned against it. I shouldn't be this happy. Ano naman ngayon kung nasa kabila lang siya? Kung magkapit bahay kami? We might just... see each other often and I could have the chance to be his friend.

Yeah, it was normal to be happy about this.

"Ba't ang tagal mo?" Hana's hand was on her waist, she raised a brow, "At bakit mukhang nanalo ka sa lotto?"

"You might not believe this."

Her jaw dropped, "Nanalo ka nga?"

I told her about our new neighbor and she screamed.