- 53 -

- ADDYSON LOPEZ -

Trina, was not one to back down so easily. For a week straight, hindi niya tinigilan si Julien. She was being a pain the ass, following him around everywhere. It was too soon to judge, pero bakit ba nagustuhan ni Julien ang isang tulad niya? Why do the kind ones always suffer? Why do they always fall for jerks like this blondie?

Julien, of course, had no choice but to give in. Pumayag siyang kausapin si Trina, sa kondisyon na dapat kaharap at kasama rin ako.

Trina agreed with a gritted teeth, shooting me with a murderous look.

In return, nginisihan ko lang siya. This girl was bringing out my evil side. Kung pwede ko lang siyang saktan, gaya nang ginawa niyang pananakit kay Julien. There was it too, my violent side I didn't know I possessed.

We sat at the dining table, Julien was beside me, nasa harapan naman namin si Trina.

She started, "You know my birthday's in a few weeks..."

Julien's eyes went wide, as if he was hit with the realization. "It's your debut..."

Trina nodded sweetly, grasping Julien's hands, intertwining it with hers. "I've decided to celebrate it here, for you. I want you to be my last dance and escort."

My friend stared at their hands, "Bakit ako?"

Trina went on, "I'm thinking of inviting your friends too, to be part of my 18 roses."

"Julien asked you a question, Trina," My voice was strained, trying not to shake in anger. It took everything in me, to stop myself from slapping her hands away from him. She really didn't care about him, not even a bit. What she cared about was her control of him, alam niya kung gaano siya kamahal ng kaibigan ko. She was taking him for granted.

Trina ignored me, her beautiful face smiling brightly at Julien. "Of course, it's you. It has to be you, Zeus. Sino pa ba? I'm single and free, there'll be no stopping us now." She squeezed his hands, "We can... start over."

I scoffed, the audacity of this... bitch! I was a few words away from giving her what she deserved. Clenching and unclenching my fist, I tried to calm myself down.

Julien pulled his hands away, "No."

Napalingon ako sa kanya sa gulat.

"Zeus, please? Birthday ko naman eh. Let this be your birthday gift to me. Your presence is enough." She insisted, trying to act cute and making her eyes bigger. For someone who was begging, she looked too confident that she'd get the answer she wanted. "Hmm, please?"

"Disgusting shit." Bulong ko sa paraang maririnig ng bruha. Tinakpan ko ang bibig ko. Para akong masusuka.

"I'll be you escort." Julien declared, and I might have choked for real. "But there's no need for a start over."

Trina's aura changed in a flash, smiling triumphantly. "Hindi mo ko kayang tiisin, Zeus. That's why I'm here. That's why we're here."

Julien did not waver, his tone was firm. "This will be the last time, Trina. Stop bothering me again, please."

"You're just saying that." Lumawak lang ang ngiti ni Trina, looking like a true evil witch. "I know you can't resist me. You'll accept me again and again, with your arms and heart open."

Slamming my fist on the table, I stood up. "Say it, and I'll slap her."

If only I could grab her collar and pummel her to the ground. It would be a satisfaction of a life time!

Trina stood up too, she gave Julien an envelope, which I assumed was the invitation to her party. She slapped one on my chest too, "Of course, you're invited too, Addy. You're welcome to witness my debut with Zeus as my escort, and who knows? Maybe as my boyfriend too this time." Her face contorted in a wicked grin, "Really, come if you dare."

Julien got up as well, hinatak ako papunta sa likod niya.

Trina's face was charming again, as she gazed at him. "I'll be sending an invite to your friends too, okay?" She caressed Julien's cheek that made him flinch, "Thank you for accepting me again this time."

Paglabas ni Trina, doon lang ulit ako nakahinga nang maayos. At mukhang ganoon din si Julien.

He turned and faced me, "I'm sorry, Addy... you didn't have to witness that."

"Anong bang meron sa kanya?" I met his wide eyes, startled at my question. My fist landed on his chest, "Why do you keep on letting her do this to you? You don't deserve this!"

Julien sighed in surrender, looking so resigned. "It's her debut. I'm still her friend after all, I have to be there."

"It's a grand party, what if her ex-boyfriend suddenly shows up and just throw you on the side again? Stop giving her the power to hurt you!" Weakly, I grabbed his collar. Even to my own ears, I sounded way too desperate.

Julien took my hands in his, "Addy, I swear to you, this is the last time. There would be no more after this. It's the end, I promise."

"Ayoko nang makita na masaktan ka!" I begged, clasping my hands around his as if my life depended on it. "Don't go... please don't go."

"Addy..." he whispered weakly.

"Kapag pumunta ka, you'll never see me again." I broke free from his touch, staring straight at him. "Seryoso ako, Jules."

"You're being unfair."

Tinalikuran ko siya at tinungo ang pinto palabas.

He caught my wrist. "Addy, don't do this."

I took a deep breath, but did not face him. "Actually, I think it is better if we don't see each other again."

He tightened his hold, I could feel him quiver. "That's enough, Addyson. Fine, I won't go. Stop saying things you don't mean."

"But I mean it, Jules."

"You don't."

Facing him finally, I said with a final resolve, "I do."

"And I said I won't go to Trina's party anymore. Stop—" he faltered, "Stop scaring me."

"Should I scare you even more?" I let the tears fall... it was time. "Nahuhulog na ako, Jules... Nahuhulog na ako sa'yo... at alam kong hindi mo ko sasaluhin."

Julien just stared at me with wide eyes, clearly not expecting the sudden revelatoion. He reached for my soaked cheeks, but stopped himself. "Addy..."

His eyes said everything. I bet this was how he looked at the girl he rejected last time.

Nakuntento na lang dapat ako bilang friend niya. Bakit ba kasi ang rupok ko? Kailangan ko na 'tong tigilan. Dahil baka hindi ko na mabuo  ang puso ko ulit.

"I'm sorry, Jules..." muli ko siyang tinalikuran... pero sa pagkakataong 'to, hindi niya na ako pinigilan.