- 49 -

- JULIEN KINGSTON -

She was the first thing I saw when we entered the café. My mouth automatically formed a smile at the sight of her.

"Is that Addy?" Reign asked, and I briefly wondered if it was really a coincidence to see her here.

And I realized I didn't care. By chance or not, Addy was here. I saw her. Iyon ang mahalaga. She became such a huge part of my life now, not seeing her even for a day felt weird. Was that normal?

"That's her." sagot ni Uno, sabay tingin sa'kin.

We sat at a table near the entrance since we didn't plan to stay long. Gusto lang daw matikman ni Keenan ang kape dito, since the café was quite well-known. We were planning to visit Misha today, it was his band's soundcheck for their upcoming concert, and he wanted us to watch.

I wanted to say hi, but Addy hadn't looked our way yet. She was looking down... at her hands. She looked nervous. But why?

Was there a problem? Was there something wrong? I wanted to ask her, but as I was about to stand, a man clad in all black came to them. And he was way to close with Addy.

"Who's that? Are they close?" Morgan probed, voicing out my question.

Keenan who seemed to know everything, answered. "That's probably Hana's brother. He owns the café."

Healer commented, "They must be pretty close then."

Of course they were close. Anyone could tell that, it was so obvious.

Hana's brother. Kuya Sana. Addy's long time crush.

Wala sa Hotties ang crush ko. Immune ako sa Hotties dahil kay Kuya Sana. Unang kita ko pa lang kay kuya, alam ko na.

It was probably why she looked extra cute today. Palagi namang cute si Addy kahit wala siyang gawin, but today, I could tell she had put effort. Curly hair suited her, but I liked it in her usual ponytail too. It was my first time seeing her in a dress, white and sleeveless that revealed her shoulders, arms and legs. She was so beautiful... like a bride on her wedding day.

Pinaghandaan niya ang araw na 'to, para sa crush niya.

Why do I hate the thought so much?

Addy, dressing up so prettily for her crush.

Must be nice... to be her crush. If she dressed up for me...

Why would she, Jules? Get a fucking grip.

My fist was clenched before I realize it. Humugot ako ng hininga, my whole body was too stiff. I needed to relax.

Keenan hummed as he removed the lid of his cup, lifting it up to his nose. "Was that coffee I smell? Or jealousy?"

"I'm not jealous." I countered because I was really not. How could I be? Why would I be?

"Sure you're not." Light was smirking, habang inaabot sa'kin ang clear plastic cup na mukhang galing sa sama ng loob. Naka-order na pala sila. Was I too busy watching Addy?

I stared at the drink in disbelief, "Americano, really?"

Kinindatan lang ako ni Lucifer, "You need it."

I sighed again and took a sip of the bitter coffee. Kuya Sana seemed to be a nice guy though. I had nothing to worry about.

But why the hell was he pinching her cheek? Did he have to pinch her cheek? Gaano ba sila ka-close?

Humigop ulit ako ng kape. I was gritting my teeth too much, baka kung ano na naman ang isipin ng mga kasama ko. They were not as close to Addy as I was, hindi nila ako maiintindihan.

When finally iniwanan sila ni Kuya Sana, I waited for Addy, never taking my eyes off her for even a second. Hindi niya pa rin ako nakikita. She still didn't know I was here.

It felt like... we were strangers again.

Back in McDo, when I smiled at her but she ignored me. I didn't even know her then, so why did I expect her to smile back? And why did it have such a huge effect on me when she didn't? Why did I care when she was supposed to be a mere stranger?

It was just a smile she never cared to return. I was not that petty of a person for it to hurt my pride too.

So what was it? What was it that made me drawn to her this much?

Addy finally turned and saw me. The smile she gave... it caught my breath. Bakit ba ang ganda-ganda niya? She did a little wave with her hands, the red string bracelet on her wrist.

I wasn't sure if I was still breathing.

"Kalmahan mo pre, baka malusaw." sita sa'kin ni Morgan.

Once again, I didn't realize I was still staring. What was wrong with me today?

They were all too quick to drink, when I only had a few sips. Before I knew it, kailangan na naming umalis.

"Aren't you gonna say hi to Addy?" Reign demanded as soon as I got up.

"No..." This day was obviously for her crush alone, not her neighbor whose presence she probably did not miss at all. I couldn't ruin their moment.

At my answer, all six of my friends turned their heads to look at me.

Keenan grinned wickedly, like he already knew the answer before he even asked, "Matitiis mo?"