- 36 -

- ADDYSON LOPEZ -

Julien's face was drained of color, I could tell by the way he was trying to hide behind the door he just opened. He released a breath when he saw me, and I had to contain my laugh, dahil sa hawak niyang dustpan at isang dakot na asin. Salt I could understand, if he was trying to ward off a ghost or any evil spirit, but the dustpan? He said it was the nearest weapon he could reach, dahil nasa likod lang daw iyon ng pinto niya.

Hindi na ako nakapag-reply sa kanya dahil drained na ang battery ko, and since he wanted to come over, pinuntahan at sinundo ko na siya sa kabila. His unit indeed was darker than Hana's, and albeit scared, Julien brought an ice cream from his frigde para daw may midnight snack kami. It almost melted, but we enjoyed devouring it nonetheless. We settled in the living area as usual, with the couch on our backs and the coffee table in front where the tub of the almost gone ice cream lay.

Julien, of course, had never run out of things to talk about. We always talked and discussed random things, like the universe, reincarnations, science, engineering–it was always really fun and engaging... fascinating even, to hear his thoughts.

Tonight was the first time though, that we talked about love.

"Do you have someone you like, Addy?" he asked, which took me by surprise.

I tried calming my heart bago siya sagutin, "Bakit mo natanong?"

"You already know I like someone," Julien shrugged and flashed me a grin, "I'm curious if you have... like a crush or something?" His curious puppy eyes were wide, waiting for an answer. Noticing my deep thoughts, he held up his hand and promised, "As your friend, I promise I won't tell a single soul."

I held his gaze, "I have."

"You do?!" Julien set his bowl of ice cream on the coffee table, and faced me fully. His eyes were wide in excitement, "Who?!"

It was the exact moment that I realized...

You. I like you, Julien.

I knew I was falling. Felt it the very first time our eyes met in McDo, and our several encounters after that. Felt that there was no turning back when he moved in right next door. All this time, I tried to fool myself, that I was not falling, that what I felt was only natural because he was handsome, and I was only attracted to him.

But this beast in my chest knew. It was more than attraction.

And if I tell Julien now... I'll ruin everything.

I'll lose a friend.

I'll lose him.

I can't lose him.

Not now.

Not ever.

"Come on, Addy." He pouted and activated his irresistible puppy eyes, scooting even closer. "Don't leave me hanging here?"

"We're even, Julien." With no small amount of effort, I grinned. "You know I like someone and vice versa."

Naningkit ang mga mata niya, "Is it one of our boys? Light? Morgan?"

Natawa ako. He would not let this topic drop.

"Healer and Ace are already taken, so I'm guessing they're out of the list, right?" tumango na lang ako and he went on, "If it's Keenan or Reign, I would humbly ask you to reconsider, because even though I would die for them and I trust them with my life, they are also a pain in the ass."