- 30 -

- ADDYSON LOPEZ -

Binuksan ko ang pinto sa balcony para mas marinig ni Julien ang Haikyuu OST mula sa speakers ni Hana. Kailangan ko ring makalanghap ng hangin para sa nag-iinit kong mga pisngi.

It didn't work, dahil nasilayan ko si Julien sa balcony niya, na halos dalawang metro lang ang layo sa'kin. God, his side profile was perfect. His face, his eyes, lips, and his nose. They were all so perfect! The early morning light made his skin glow... he was so beautiful... he really was like a prince. His jaw... defined and sharp... his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he drank from his bottle... Sumama pa sa magandang tanawin ang biceps at pecs niya, na unang beses kong nasilayan dahil sa black tank top niya.

Napalunok na lang din ako.

I tried hard to look away, I really did. Pero ayaw siyang lubayan ng mga mata ko!

The way he was now... it was a rare sight to see. Alam ng mga mata ko na kailangan naming sulitin ang moment na ito dahil baka hindi na maulit pa ang pagkakataon!

As a result, Julien caught me ogling. "Addy! Nag-breakfast ka na?"

And I almost answered yes, dahil busog na ang mga mata ko. Shaking my head, I mentally sighed. Nasa tamang pag-iisip pa naman ako.

"Breakfast tayo! Para magka-energy ka rin sa study mo. Tara?" He was smiling brightly at me, para akong malulusaw. Paano ba naman ako makakatanggi?

"Okay!" sa sagot ko, lalo pang lumawak at nagliwanag ang magandang ngiti niya.

Breakfast with him... the prince...

Napakapit na lang ako nang mahigpit sa railings. My heart felt like I just jumped off this balcony. A natural reaction.

Physical attraction! That was all!

If my friends saw him like that, I'm sure they would feel the same.

Kalma ka lang heart.

Biceps at torso pa lang 'yon, wala pang abs! I'd probably never see his abs in this lifetime... but a girl can dream, right?

~💜~

"Kumakain ka ba ng gulay? I just... chopped and combined all the vegetables I could find and sprinkled with what I think would be tasty." Julien looked like a nervous puppy as he waited for my reaction. We were at his balcony, tinulungan ko siyang i-set up ang table while he prepared our food and drinks. It almost felt like a breakfast date.

Almost, because this wasn't a date.

Julien's salad was very... green, with mangoes and salmon?

"It's good!" tapat kong sagot. The salad tasted better than it looked. He visibly relaxed when I gave him a thumbs up, nagsimula na rin siyang kumain.

We ate in peace, I listened to him as he talked. Hindi siya nauubusan ng kwento at ng mga tanong sa'kin. After sharing his memories with me, he would also ask me to share. I would talk and he'd listen. It felt nice, like a deeper level of getting to know each other.

I volunteered to wash the dishes, and he helped me dry them.

"What about lunch?" tanong niya habang pinupunasan ang huling plato.

"Kaka-breakfast lang natin, Jules." natatawang sabi ko.

"I know but..." The prince pouted, "It's boring to eat alone."

"I could fry stuff...are bacon and eggs alright with you?"

"I'll bring ketchup!"

"Deal!"

~💜~

Aral muna bago prinsipe. Hindi ka prinsesa, Addy! Is what I kept telling myself.

I was too excited for lunch, to think that I even told Julien we just had our breakfast pero ako itong hindi na mapakali. I even had to call Blaire, and begged her to study with me via video call, and it worked. Nakapag-aral ako ng ilang oras! In Blaire, we trust!

At around 11 AM, I thanked her and ended the call. Nagsimula na rin akong mag-prepare. A little while later, kumakatok na si Julien. He really brought ketchup and candies for dessert.

I thought everything was going well, pero huli na noong ma-realize ko na hindi pala ako nakapag-saing. I was too focused on frying the bacon and eggs! Gusto kong magpasikat at magmukha silang perfect! Nalimutan ko tuloy mag-saing!

Ang lakas ng tawa ni Julien, but he told me it was fine. To follow na lang daw ang rice. Nakakahiya talaga! Ako pa man din ang nag-volunteer mag-prepare ng lunch!

He washed the dishes this time, and I helped him dry them. He asked about dinner and I got my hopes up, thinking na magsasabay ulit kami only to find out he had plans with his friends. Sasabay pala siyang mag-gym kina Ace at Healer, dahil hindi raw siya nakapag-work out nang maayos kanina, kaya malamang na sila na rin ang kasabay niyang maghahapunan mamaya.

It was just a feeling, pero ayaw niya yata akong kumain mag-isa. I reassured him that I was used to it, and that I could keep myself busy with experimenting. I should try making salads too. Marami pa naman kaming stock ng gulay sa ref. It was time to stop ignoring them and live our lives healthily.

Once we were done with the dishes, Julien took a look around the unit while he was munching his candy. Sinilip niya ang working desk ni Hana, that I was already slowly invading dahil madalang niya magamit iyon. Piled on top were the books I borrowed the other day from the library, ilan pa lang ang talagang nabubuksan at naaral ko doon. My prince picked up the opened thermodynamics book as well as my notes on it, inilapag niya 'yon sa coffee table, umupo sa floor at sumandal sa couch. He tapped the space beside him, asking me to sit as well.

Pasimple akong humugot ng hininga. We were only a few inches apart, halos magdikit na ang hita at mga tuhod namin, I could feel the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed.

I was too aware of him.

How does one control the beating of her heart?

I scooted away a little. He was helping me with my studies but I found it very difficult to concentrate when almost all of my senses were going crazy over him. My eyes on his sweet face—his pretty eyes, perfect nose and smooth pink lips; his soothing voice sounded so wonderful in my ears; my nose, blessed by his pleasant smell.

He moved closer and I caught my breath, "Okay ka lang?"

Having the sudden urge to scream, tumango na lang ako.

"Hindi ka naman yata nakikinig eh." What he said was true, pero nakakahiyang umamin. Madiin akong umiling. "Saan ka nahihirapan? Let's focus on that first." He offered me a smile and Lord, iyong puso ko po Lord.

I stared at my hands, I can't physically meet his eyes. "Sa lahat?"

Julien chuckled, "Let's start with the First Law then."

"Okay!" I tried to sound cheerful, and was actually able to listen to him once my heart calmed down. He almost lost me in the equation part, pero itutuloy na lang daw namin bukas. He was willing to spend more time with me, but he had to go and meet his friends.

Paglabas niya, I was already clawing at my face. "Addyson Cruise Lopez, you are so headed to your doom."