out of place

"Good! You're all here!" A voice from behind them spoke. The three turned around to look at Charlie. He still had his forced smile on. It was starting to get annoying. "Well, let us not be late. We have to go to the chapel." He informed as they all followed his direction. They walked in. Some people were already there. They had multiple rows of benches and a big podium at the front. The boys sat at the back. They didn't even know what they were doing.

"Vance Hopper! I have told you multiple times! Tuck your shirt in and straighten your tie." A teacher yelled as he grabbed hold of Vance's arm. Vance stared back at him, unfazed.

"Hopper?" Finney mumbled as he thought about the name. "That's really familiar, but I can't put my finger on it."

"What are you freaks staring at?" Vance snapped at the three. They all quickly looked away. Vance couldn't be bothered to deal with them, so he walked off to find a seat. Soon enough, the chapel began to fill, and some random old guy came onto the podium. The boys were confused as everyone stood up. They copied, but then everyone quickly sat down again.

"What the fuck is going on?" Robin whispered as they sat back down. Bruce shrugged.

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrusted upon them." The old man spoke. "Shakespeare wrote that in the twelfth night. I think it's a great way to think of us. Our school. We should allow greatness and success into our lives." He said into the mic. He started scanning the audience, stopping when he saw the three. "Today, I want all of you to show how great we are to our three new students. The ones hiding in the back. Please show yourself." The whole room turned as they stood up. Bruce didn't like the attention one bit. "I want to see all of you helping them. Remember how it was like for you guys when you started your journey here." They sat back down and waited for the old man to stop talking.

(Time skip)

Bruce, Finney, and Robin sat on a table by themselves for breakfast. Everyone was acting like they had a disease or something. It didn't make them feel so hot. Bruce couldn't comprehend how back in Denver he was on the most popular table in the school and now he was sitting on a table with only two other people.

"That's where I knew him from!" Finney said in triumph as he stared at his phone.

"Know who?" Robin raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Bruce's roommate. His mother is the Lily Hopper. She's a famous actress." Finney looked to Bruce. "Also, it's not looking good for you." He said as he showed Bruce his phone. Bruce grabbed it, taking a closer look. It was a video of Vance beating someone up. It was bad. There was blood everywhere.

"Great!" He said sarcastically. "I'm dead." He laid his head on the table. Why did this have to happen to him.

Robins Pov:

I looked at the video Finney had shown Bruce. Damn that guy could fight. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. I kinda felt bad for Bruce. It made me feel lucky to have that Billy guy. He wasn't a talkative person, and for like the whole time, he just stared at me getting unpacked. He looked at me like I was going to pull a knife out or something.

"Oh, look. It's the scholarships." Someone said to their friend as they stopped at our table. I looked up at both of them as they smirked. I would love to wipe it off their rich, ugly faces.

"Can I help you." I said harshly as I gave them a dirty look. They chuckled to themselves as they stared at me.

"They get scruffier every year." What the fuck?! I stood up in anger.

"What the fuck did you just call me." I began to ball my fists up. They were both taller than me, but I didn't find that intimidating. I could beat their asses in a second.