baseball practice

Bruce rushed as he got ready for his baseball practice. They had an actual game coming up soon, and apparently, it was super important, and he couldn't miss any training. He looked over at Vance, who was staring at him getting ready. He had no shirt on, exposing his bare torso. Bruce awkwardly looked away.

"Can you put a shirt on?" He asked politely, but he heard Vance laugh.

"Why? You getting hot for me, baby?" Vance flirted, causing Bruce's face to grow red. He didn't expect to hear that. His eyes moved back to Vance, who was now flexing his muscles.

"In your dreams. And you're the one staring at me. Weirdo." Bruce commented as he threw a shirt at Vance, who only smirked more.

"Good luck in baseball." Bruce nodded, taking one last glance at his phone. There were a few texts from Finney and Robin, but he was ignoring them at the moment. Bruce wasn't even mad about the situation it was just the principle of the whole thing. His definition of a friend is someone who tells you about important things going on in your life. He shut his phone off and placed it on his desk.

"See ya." Bruce quickly left.

(Time skip)

Bruce stood in the cold, shaking and rubbing his arms. It was freezing! He couldn't even focus on what the coach was saying. The coach must've noticed as he stopped talking and raised an eyebrow at Bruce.

"You lot cold." Bruce nodded as his teeth started to shudder. The coach started to smirk. "Everyone can do five laps around the field. That should warm you up." Everyone began to groan in annoyance. The coach blew the whistle, and they all started to jog slowly. Finney started to catch up, staying by Bruce.

"Hey." He smiled softly. Bruce merely glanced at him before speeding up. Finney frowned as he tried to keep a steady pace. He felt repentant. Bruce was supposed to be his friend, and he didn't tell him about something big that happened. He understood why Bruce was mad. After 5 annoyingly long laps, Finney stopped running, trying to listen to whatever the coach was saying. He put them into two groups, making them go against each other.

Bruce stared down the pitcher. Of course, it had to be Roman. He gripped his bat tightly, preparing himself. Roman had a glint in his eyes. He was planning something. He did a small hand signal to the person behind Bruce. He raised his arm, pushing the ball out of his hand, harshly hitting Bruce's ribbs. He hissed in pain as he gripped his side.

"What the hell?!" Bruce yelled, Roman only laughing at Bruce's pain.

"What're you gunna do scholarship? Your precious Vance isn't here this time." He smirked. Bruce's eyes looked past the gate, seeing the blonde watching them. Bruce smiled. He couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by Vance's intense staring. It made his stomach turn in all sorts of ways. Bruce forced his eyes away and looked at Roman.

"Let's just get on with this." He said, ignoring the stinging sensation on his side. He positioned himself, holding the bat with a tight grip. This time, he made a point to hit the ball, and he hit it far. He started to sprint, not looking back until he made it past fourth base. He cheered as he looked back at Vance, wondering if he had seen. Vance was talking to some girl. She was pretty and had her arm placed on his shoulder. They were laughing, and Vance seemed to be pretty wrapped up in her. Something about that enraged Bruce. But what did he care? He didn't like Vance. Bruce wasn't gay and Vance could do anything and anyone he wanted. Bruce didn't care.

A/n: ik this is like mega short and really shit but my brain just isn't working atm