kiss???

Vance stared at Bruce, who was flipping through his books frantically and writing things down at a thousand miles per hour. He was curious about what he was up to.

"What are you doing?" He asked judgingly. Bruce paused from his writing for a moment and looked up at the blonde.

"I've got an English assignment due in a few hours. I wanna do good." Bruce explained. Vance huffed as he leaned his back against his wall.

"Why don't you just do what Roman does." Vance started. "He pays someone to do it for him online. But then again, if he ever got caught, he would immediately fail and might even get kicked out." He shrugged. An idea popped into Bruce's head. He pushed himself off his bed.

"You're a genius, Vance!" He smiled. Vance furrowed his eyebrows.

"I am?" He tilted his head. Bruce nodded slightly. "Where are you going?" Vance asked, but then it came to him. "Bruce. Don't. If he knows it was you, he'll kill you." Vance warned, but the other didn't seem to be listening.

"Didn't you say I had your protection?" He smirked. Vance palmed his face. Why did he have to get stuck with an idiot. Before Vance could say anything else, Bruce was out the door.

(Time skip)

At the end of the lesson, the teacher walked around with everyone's paper in her hand.

"I was up all night marking these, and all I can say is that I am very impressed." She spoke, starting to hand them out. She reached Bruce and smiled gently. "Well done, Mr Yamada." She places the paper down. Bruce looked at it apprehensively. He started to grin proudly as he saw the big red A+ on it. The bell rang out, and everyone started to pack away and leave the classroom in a rush. Whilst walking out, Bruce could hear Roman yell.

"An F! I can not fail! It will bring down my GPA!" He argued. "How could I fail!?"

"Another student brought it to my attention that you cheated. That is why you failed. You should feel lucky that you are still here." The teacher explained calmly. Bruce left before he could hear anymore or get beat up. But it seemed too late as he got shoved into the wall violently.

"You fucker!" Roman spat harshly. Bruce flinched at the sudden loudness. "I know you fucking snitched." Bruce stared at him in fear, silently wishing the hallways weren't so empty. He should have listened to Vance. "Take this as a warning." Roman spoke, his fist making contact with Bruce's nose. Thick, warm blood started to rush out, and Bruce's knees fell to the floor. He clutched his nose, hissing at the stinging pain. He wasn't used to getting punched and fuck it hurt. Roman was about to kick Bruce but couldn't as like a night in shining anour Vance tackled him to the floor. Vance began to swing at his face frantically.

"I told you what would happen if you messed with Bruce." He said, punching the shit out of Romans' face. He didn't stop until Roman fell unconscious. Vance got up and pulled Bruce to his feet, dragging him back to the dorm. "You little idiot." Vance chucked softly as he grabbed Bruce's chin, his thumb wiping the blood away. Bruce stood there dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say and could feel his cheeks burn. "Well, it doesn't look broken. So that's a good thing."

"Thank you." Bruce mumbled, staring into Vance's eyes. Vance smirked a little. "No one's ever done anything like that for me before." Vance felt butterflies grow in his stomach as he realised how close their faces were together. He looked away nervously.

"Yeah, well, I keep my promises." Vance felt electric shocks flow through his body as Bruce's hand made its way to the back of his neck. He forced his eyes back to Bruce, noticing Bruce was staring at his lips. They both leaned in closer together, their lips parting.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The bell rang continuously, making Vance and Bruce jump away from each other.

"What's happening?" Bruce asked, covering his ears.

"It's a fire drill. Come on." Vance explained, grabbing Bruce's hand.

A/n: sorry this is mega shitty, I'll do better on the next chapter I promise 🙏🙏