Chapter - 13

As the morning light filtered through the windows, Taesan stirred awake with a sense of anticipation. He debated whether to visit Sungho's room but decided against it, not wanting to intrude. Instead, he made his way downstairs, where he found Sungho already busy in the kitchen.

The aroma of breakfast filled the air, and Taesan couldn't help but smile at the sight of Sungho working so effortlessly. He walked up to Sungho, his voice bright with morning cheer. "Good morning, Sungho hyung!"

Sungho looked up from the stove, returning the greeting with a smile. "Good morning, Taesan. Did you sleep well?"

"I did," Taesan replied. "I thought you might still be asleep."

Sungho shook his head. "I wake up early. I wanted to make breakfast for us."

Taesan nodded, then remembered his earlier thought. "Oh, hyung, I don't have a toothbrush to brush my teeth."

Sungho's expression softened with understanding. "There's a new pair of toothbrushes in my washroom cupboard. You can use one. I'm cooking here, so it might get burned if I leave."

Taesan thanked him and quickly headed upstairs. He gently opened the door to Sungho's room, taking in the neat and fragrant space. It was clear Sungho had a well-organized life, and the room exuded a sense of calm and order.

Hastily, Taesan made his way to the washroom, grabbed one of the new toothbrushes from the cupboard, and then returned to the guest room. He brushed his teeth with the new toothbrush, feeling a sense of contentment as he prepared for the day ahead.

As Taesan descended the stairs, he found Sungho setting up the breakfast table with the dishes he had prepared. The aroma of freshly cooked food filled the air, and Taesan quickly joined in to help.

They settled at the table and began eating, enjoying the simple but delicious breakfast in comfortable silence. The quiet was warm and companionable, making Taesan feel more at ease than he had in a long time.

After a few minutes, Taesan broke the silence with a hesitant but hopeful question. "Um, it's the weekend, so... how about we go on a date today?"

Sungho's reaction was immediate. He nearly choked on his food, his eyes widening in surprise. "Date? Today?"

Taesan nodded, a touch of nervousness in his voice. "Yes, hyung. I thought it might be nice for us to spend some time together outside of our usual routine."

Sungho took a moment to process the suggestion, his mind racing with thoughts and feelings. He swallowed hard and looked at Taesan, who was watching him with hopeful eyes. Sungho's heart softened at the sight of Taesan's eager expression.

After a moment of contemplation, Sungho nodded. "Sure... I'd like that."

Taesan's face lit up with a relieved and happy smile. "Great! I'll let you finish up here, and then we can figure out where to go."

Sungho smiled back, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. The idea of spending the day with Taesan in a new, more intimate setting felt both thrilling and daunting. As they finished their breakfast, Sungho found himself looking forward to the day ahead, curious and hopeful about what their first official date would bring.

After finishing breakfast and cleaning up, Taesan sank into the couch, his mind racing with thoughts of their upcoming date. Sungho had insisted on handling the last bit of kitchen cleanup, leaving Taesan to relax and figure out where they could go. With his phone in hand, Taesan began scrolling through dating ideas, but nothing seemed to stand out.

A few minutes later, Sungho joined him on the couch, his presence grounding Taesan in the moment. Taesan turned to him, still holding his phone. "Hyung, how about an aquarium date?" he suggested, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.