Chapter 21

RM,

Night,

In theAahir room,

Mahir walked over to Aarushi, holding a small box wrapped in gold foil.

Mahir:- Ye le.

( Take this.)

Aarushi hesitated, glancing at him briefly before taking the box from his hand.

Aarushi:- Kya hai ye.

( What is this?)

Mahir:- Kholke dekhle.

( Open it and see.)

Aarushi slowly unwrapped the box, revealing a beautiful green saree, intricately embroidered with golden zari work. She ran her fingers over the soft silk, surprised by its delicate texture.

Aarushi:- Ye..maine kaha tha mere pass hai kapde mai pehan lungi.

( I told you, I have clothes. I could have worn something I already have.)

Mahir looked at her, his expression soft but firm.

Mahir:- Mai nahi chahta ki maari lugai teej ke mauke par purane kapde pehne isliye le aaya.

( I don't want my wife to wear old clothes on Teej, so I brought this.)

Aarushi's fingers tightened around the saree as her gaze flickered between Mahir and the gift.

Aarushi:- Ye khyal aapko baaki tyoharo mai nahi aaya tha kya.

( Didn't this thought cross your mind during other festivals?)

Mahir sighed, stepping closer, his voice lowering.

Mahir:- Purani baatein bhul ja Aarushi aaj se hum nai shuruwat karenge.

( Forget the past, Aarushi. From today, we'll start a new.)

Aarushi's heart clenched. She turned away, staring at the window, her voice trembling.

Aarushi:- Mahir ji aapke liye kehna aasan hai par mere liye manna utna hi mushkil.

(Mahir ji, it's easy for you to say, but for me, it's just as difficult to believe.)

Mahir took a deep breath, his tone soft but pleading.

Mahir:- Par tu koshish tu kar hi sake haina maare pe ek aakhri baar vishwas karle.

(But can't you try? Trust me just one last time.)

Aarushi:- Mahir ji mai aap par vishvas karna chahti hu par chah kar bhi nahi kar pa rahi kyuki pehle jis tarah aapke gharwalo ne jabardasti meri shaadi aapse karwayi aur phir aapka mere se aise bartaav karna aur aapka aise mujhse mauka maangna kuch samajh nahi aaraha mujhe mahir ji.

(Mahir ji, I want to trust you, but I just can't. The way your family forced me into this marriage, and how you treated me afterward... And now you're asking for a chance, it all confuses me.)

Her voice cracked, and she sat down on the bed, her fingers clutching the edge of the saree. The memories of her wedding day flashed before her eyes.

#Flashback

A warm afternoon breeze swept through the orphanage garden as Aarushi played with the children. Their laughter filled the air as she chased them around, her heart light with joy. Across the street, Aakriti watched from the comfort of her car, her sharp eyes assessing the young woman.

Aakriti(thinking):- Je chori maare mahir ke liye thik hogi.

(This girl will be perfect for my Mahir.)