Our secret moments

Taylor's POV

"Mm." I sigh, closing my eyes. Travis chuckles at my unintelligible response, but my exhausted mind only able to muster a sound rather than a word.

He runs his hand through my hair, his touch gentle and soothing.

"You're so damn cute," He murmurs.

"All sleepy and adorable." He says and I can hear the smile in his words.

"That's making me sleepy..." I say, referring to his hand running through my hair. Travis smiles at my confession, my fatigue evident in my own voice.

He continues to run his fingers through my hair, his touch gentle and rhythmic. Soothing as fuck for some reason.

"Sorry, baby," He apologizes, although he doesn't sound very sorry at all.

"I just can't help it, your hair is so soft and silky. It's like a magnet for my hand."

I didn't quite catch the second thing he said since I was too caught up on the name he called me. Baby. He calls me darling all the time but that just feels like my father calling me darling.

"Baby..." I whisper back to him, without realizing it.

"What Tay?" He asks.

"Oh sorry... nothing." I smile, curling into his embrace even more.

"Hey no, tell me." He says, grabbing both of my hands and moving them to my sides, then gently tugging my chin up to look at him.

"Baby." I whisper, loud enough for him to hear. He frowns for a second before I can practically see the light bulb behind his eyes.

"You like that?" He smiles and I nod.

"You wanna sleep in here tonight or in your bed?" He asks me. I pretend to ponder the question before answering even though I already had my answer.

"I wanna sleep in here... with you." I mumble and he chuckles.

"Of course. You just can't get to used to it babygirl, I wouldn't want your parents coming to check on me and seeing their little girl in my arms." He says and I frown.

"Don't go talking about my parents yet. We still have two days here without them." I say.

"Ahh yes, my apologies young lady." He says and I giggle, leaning in to rest the bridge of my nose against his cheek, my hand going up to stroke the other side of his jaw.

"I like that darling, don't stop." He whispers.