Sneaky sneaky

Taylors POV

Today was the day my parents got back. Which sucked. Me and Travis spent all the time we could together, pressed to close against each other that if we could, our souls would merge into one.

And oh how I wish we could. We talked, and talked, until we had nothing more to say. I felt like he understood me more than anyone else. Like he knew me, he seems to know what I need before I even do. Water, food, kisses, and anything else.

"Baby girl we should probably scatter now, they're gonna be home any minute now." Travis says, still holding me tight in our current position cuddled up on the couch.

"Just a couple more seconds." I mumble, balling the fabric of this t shirt into my fist as I close my eyes, taking in the last few moments with him before it's back to awkwardness.

"We're home!" I hear my mom yell, I swear I didn't even hear the door open which scared me right off of Travis, and onto the floor.

"Ack!" I yell, falling onto the floor between the couch and the coffee table.

"Get up, get up." Travis laughs quietly, reaching down to lift me up by my under arms, placing me back on the couch before he stands up to go greet my parents.

"Hey guys, how was the trip?" He says, giving both of them a hug as I rest my chin on the back of the couch, silently watching their interaction.

"Fucking awesome, the view from our hotel room was so pretty, especially at sunset when everything went pink and orange." My mom says, taking off her shoes and jacket.

"That sounds great Blake." Travis smiles, the effect of his smile bouncing off the walls and onto me.

"And was Taylor good?" I hear my dad ask quietly but I could still hear him.

"Yeah, I really got to know her, she's a good singer, did you guys know that?" He says, making me blush stupidly.

"We've definitely heard her singing in the kitchen during the middle of the night when she thinks we can't hear her." My mom smiles, walking over to me and sitting down in the spot Travis previously occupied, leaning towards me to give me a hug.

"Hey baby." My mom whispers, holding me tight.

"Hi mom." I say playing with the ends of her curls like I've always done since I was a little girl.

"How was your weekend? Did you have fun with Travis?" She asks me, pulling back to look at me.

"Mhm, for an old guy, I guess he's kinda cool." I say, laying my head down in her lap.

"Travis is not old." My mom laughs, running her fingers through my hair.

"Whatever." I smile.

"Hey baby what happened to your neck?" My mom says, brushing all my hair to one side. My eyes widen when I realize what she's pointing to.

"Travis stop." I giggled, playfully trying to push him away from me.

"Mmmm." He hummed, still kissing my neck, hands gripping my waist respectfully as I sat on the kitchen island, legs spread enough for him to stand between.

"You're gonna leave a mark on me." I laughed, using my hand to come up under his chin, lifting it to look at me.

"Looks like you were a little too late." He smiled at me, the tip of his nose and his chin a slightly a lighter color than his skin, because my foundation rubbed off and onto him from our kisses.

I smile, shaking my head while looking over to the left, the reflection of myself slightly visible in the microwave door. A miscoloration on my neck.

"You. Are going to get me in trouble." I said, leaning down to kiss the tip of his nose before he moved his hands up and around my waist, laying his head on my chest as I placed my hand on the back of his head, wanting to keep this current situation forever.

"Oh I just burnt myself with a hair straightener." I say nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders as if my heart isn't beating a thousand times a second.

"You've never straightened your hair before though?" She says, catching me up in my lie.

"I tried it out on Saturday, realized that it looked weird on me and I am definitely not to be trusted with a heat tool." I say lifting my hand to show her an actual burn mark that I accumulated over the weekend. But not from a hair straightener...

"Baby grab that pot and put it over here." Travis said, licking his fingers and he nodded his head to one of the three things on the stove.

"This one?" I asked and he nodded. Smiling I reached over and grabbed the pot, walking over to the counter. Grabbing a pot holder, I thought I had the pot raised high enough to slide the pot holder underneath but apparently I didn't, and the back of my hand hit the bottom of the pot.

I quickly set the pot down, then running over to the sink. I blasted the cold water and instantly putting my hand under it. I looked back at Travis as tears make there way down my cheeks.

"No baby what happened?" Travis asked, walking over to me and grabbing my hand from under the water, inspecting it.

"You burned your hand?" He asked and I nod, hyperventilating.

"Aw precious." He whispered, holding my hand gently as he moved it back under the water. Also pulling me close, letting me cry into his shirt.

"It's okay, I know it hurts." He said, leaving a few kisses on the top of my hair. Making me feel like I was actually okay even though my hand was burning like a motherfucker.

"Taylor, oh my gosh." My mom says, bringing my hand up closer to her vision.

"Mom it's fine, Travis helped me put burn stuff on it." I say sitting up.

"Oh that was sweet of him, did you say thanks?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Yes mom." I complain, knowing I did a little more to thank him than she's thinking.

"I hope you're not still mad that we didn't tell you sooner about leaving." My mom says but I barely hear her. My gaze drifting to something a little more interesting.

The corners of my mouth turning into a small smile as I watch him talk to my father. His eyes crinkling with his smile, his arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

"Tay?" I hear my mom say again.

"Oh yeah, mom it's fine. I'm 19, I shouldn't have reacted the way I should've..." I say, reluctantly pulling my eyes away from the man I was falling so hard for.

"Are you sure honey?" She says and I nod again. Standing up from the couch and walking over to my dad, giving him a hug.

I feel Travis's foot nudge the back of my knee, making me almost fall.

"Woah kid, you okay?" My dad chuckles, helping me get right on my feet.

"Yeah, just tripped." I say, sneakily glaring back at Travis who's covering his mouth with his hand, clearly laughing.

A/N let's all give my lovely fiancee a round of applause for taking the baby for a couple hours so I could write this 👏👏