Let Me Taste You

The morning came too soon, with the alarm ringing softly in the dimly lit room. Kat stirred first, snuggling closer to Severus, who had held her tightly throughout the night.

The bed had been cramped, with Boo never far from Kat and Binx occasionally prowling around, but somehow, it had worked. Despite the lack of space, they had fit together perfectly, like pieces of a puzzle, their bodies in sync as they shared the warmth of the night.

Severus shifted beside her, his arm still draped protectively over her waist as he blinked into the early morning light. "We managed," he murmured, his voice still husky with sleep.

Kat smiled up at him, her hair a wild mess, but her eyes full of affection. "Cramped, but cozy," she teased, stretching before pulling away to sit up. "I need a shower before the day begins. You should head back to get ready. I'll make tea when you return."

Severus nodded, pressing a kiss to her shoulder before slipping out of bed. "I'll be back shortly."

Kat watched him dress, still feeling the lingering warmth from the night before. When the door clicked behind him, she sighed contentedly and made her way to the shower.

By the time Severus returned, freshly dressed and ready for the day, her cottage was alive with the sound of Fleetwood Mac blaring through the speakers. The scent of tea brewing filled the air, and Kat's chaotic energy was in full swing.

Severus stepped inside, momentarily overwhelmed by the whirlwind of activity. "You certainly know how to start a morning," he said dryly, though there was an unmistakable fondness in his tone as he watched her flit around the kitchen.

Kat turned toward him with a grin, holding a cabinet door open as she gestured to a vast collection of mugs on the shelves. "I collect mugs," she said, excitement in her voice as if she were revealing something profound. "Which one do you want?" Her eyes gleamed as she waited for his answer.

Severus glanced at the assortment of quirky and mismatched mugs, each one seemingly more eccentric than the last. "You pick," he replied, smirking as he leaned against the counter. "Surprise me."

Kat's face lit up as she carefully selected a mug from the shelf, holding it up with a flourish. It was decorated with Frog and Toad from The Wind in the Willows, a classic children's storybook. "This one's for you. It's Frog and Toad, because it's whimsical, like you," she teased, her voice full of playful mischief.

Severus raised an eyebrow but took the mug with a smirk. "Whimsical, you say? I'm not sure I've ever been called that before."

Kat giggled, pouring tea into his mug before selecting a bright orange Garfield mug for herself. "Well, there's a first time for everything." She set their mugs down, then picked up a third one with a wry grin. "And this one's for Cypress." It read: These are my grumpy pants.

Severus let out a low chuckle, clearly entertained by her choice. "Quite fitting," he remarked, taking a sip from his own mug.

A cheeky look came over her face, "Should I spit in his mug before he gets here?" she said with a little giggle.

Severus raised an eyebrow, amusement flickering in his dark eyes as he took another sip from his Frog and Toad mug. "Perhaps not today," he said dryly, his voice laced with teasing. "Is that something you do often?"

Kat smirked, setting down her Garfield mug. "No," she replied, her tone playful but exasperated. "But I've about had it with him, to be honest. He's been poking at me nonstop, and if he keeps it up, I might just have to consider it."

Severus chuckled again, his gaze softening as he watched her. "As tempting as that might be, it might escalate things further," he said. "And considering the situation... perhaps subtlety would serve you better."