Indecent Proposal

The soft light of morning filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the bedroom. Kat lay curled up beside Severus, her body snug against his, her head resting comfortably on his chest. The steady rise and fall of his breathing was a familiar and soothing rhythm, and the thought of leaving this cozy cocoon made her want to burrow in deeper.

She shifted slightly, her fingers tracing lazy patterns across his chest, savoring the warmth of his skin. The idea of brunch with her friends felt like a distant obligation she didn't want to face, especially when the comfort of being in bed with Severus was so much more appealing.

"Do we have to go?" she murmured sleepily, her voice muffled against him. "I don't want to get up. I'd much rather stay here with you."

Severus let out a low chuckle, the sound rumbling in his chest beneath her. He shifted, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head before speaking. "As tempting as that sounds," he said in his rich, deep voice, "you should go. It will be good for you to see your friends."

Kat groaned softly, burying her face deeper into his chest. "I don't want to see my friends. I want to stay in bed with you all day."

Severus's hand moved to gently stroke her hair, his touch soothing as always. "You'll feel better once you've gone," he said, his voice firm but not unkind. "And besides, they'll miss you if you don't show up."

Kat sighed, knowing he was right but still not wanting to admit it. She pushed herself up slightly, propping her chin on his chest so she could look at him. "Why do you have to be so reasonable?" she teased, a smile tugging at her lips. "You're supposed to say, 'Yes, Kat, let's stay in bed forever and ignore the world.'"

Severus smirked, one eyebrow raised. "I thought you preferred me for my reasoned advice," he teased back, his tone dry but affectionate.

Kat laughed softly, rolling her eyes as she sat up, the warmth of the blankets slipping off her shoulders. "Fine," she muttered playfully, running a hand through her messy hair. "I'll call Astrid and see what time brunch is."

She reached for her phone on the bedside table, dialing Astrid's number as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed. The phone rang twice before Astrid's bright voice answered on the other end.

"Good morning, darling!" Astrid chirped, sounding far too energetic for this early hour. "I trust you're calling to confirm your attendance at brunch?"

Kat let out a soft groan, rubbing her eyes. "Unfortunately, yes. I wanted to know what time we're meeting."

Astrid's laugh rang out on the other end of the line, filled with mischief. "Well, since you're already up," she began, her voice teasing, "how about an hour from now?"

Kat let out an exaggerated sigh, flopping back onto the bed beside Severus. "Aww, come on, Astrid! I need more time to satisfy my needs," she said dramatically, her voice dripping with playful sarcasm as she shot Severus a teasing glance.

Severus shook his head, suppressing a smile, his eyes full of quiet amusement as he listened to the exchange.

Astrid laughed again, clearly entertained by Kat's antics. "Alright, my love, how about an hour and a quarter, then?" she offered, her tone indulgent. "But no later, darling. You're our centerpiece."

Kat grinned, giving in. "Fine, fine. See you then."

"Can't wait," Astrid replied sweetly before hanging up.

Kat set her phone back on the bedside table, her playful smile fading into a mock pout as she looked over at Severus. "An hour and a quarter. She's such a slave driver."