𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

David POV
Present Day

I turned the TV off and got up to stretch, I've been in bed rest for the longest. Only 1 week but it was the most boring, Abel was still God knows where, not that I care or anything. I did some exercises and turned on some relaxing music. "Breakfast." Pooda, was the man name, came in and dropped off my breakfast. "Thanks." I grunted out while doing my push-ups. He shut the door behind him and I went to grab my plate.

It had eggs, bacon, and waffles. Another thing I was bored about was how I couldn't even go outside alone unless someone was with me, I'm not even sure if Abel gave them that order, now that I'm thinking about it. Anyways, I ate my breakfast and showered, my scars were clearing up. Once I got out, I put ointment on my body and did my oral care. I turned off the bathroom light and when I got back in the room I seen Abel sitting on the bed. I snorted.

"You finally decided to show up." I said as I tightened the towel around my waist and went to the drawer to get some drawls. "You put them on and I'll just take it off." He said as I was about to step into em. I snorted again and put them on. "I'm not giving you anything. What do you want?" I asked annoyed. Abel leaned back against the headboard, his expression a mix of amusement and annoyance. "Can't a guy just check in on you without wanting something?" he replied, with a playful pout.

I finished pulling on my underwear and turned to face him, crossing my arms defensively. "You know that's not true. So, what's going on?" I asked. "AND don't think just cause you saved me or anything I'm going to pay you back." I said before he got to say anything and he just smirked. "Well," he said and got up. "That's what I'm here to talk to you about." He said and put his hands in his slacks. I quirked an eyebrow.

"After sitting in this room for days, I would hope it's something good." I said as I put on a black shirt, looking for some pants as he got closer. "I've already seen everything, stop being so shy." He winked at me and I audibly groaned. "Get to the point Abel." I rolled my eyes. "It was Cain wasn't it?" I stopped everything I did and looked at him, my hands were shaking. How'd he figure it out? "What?" I said and tried to give off my best smile.

"Mm. Guess it really was." He titled his head at me and just stared, I couldn't look away. "Well, no matter," he said and stretched. "He's going to die and you," he pointed at me. "Is going to help. Sadly, you don't have a choice." Now we were three feet apart. "What?" Is literally all that could come out of my mouth. "You're going to help me kill Cain." He repeated and smiled, but it was nowhere near a sweet smile. "But Cains dead." I quickly said and Abel stared for a moment.

He then snorted. "Cute." He said and closed the distance and touched my chin. "But, there's no reason to lie David." He said while looking at my lips. "I really didn't k-know." I tried to lie but he wasn't believing me. "One more lie come out of this mouth and I'll rip your tongue out and send it to him." He threatened but instead of fear, lust filled my heart. "Okay, fine. I knew it but why do I have to help you out after everything you did to me?" I scoffed and he finally looked back up at me.

"Because if you don't then you die." He shrugged. "And I'd hate to have to pick out your box." He said and I snorted. Box? "And if I do?" I asked. "Then you die." He responded. "So, whether I help you out or don't, I die?" I asked and he nodded. "That's not even a choice, my fates already decided." I pointed out. "True. So, help me out before you do." He smiled and I rolled my eyes. "Why am I dying again?" I asked and he looked at me as if I lost a brain cell and I just shrugged.

"Stop playing with me." He said and I threw my hands up in the air. "Just wanted to know." I mumbled to myself. "Anyways, pack your things. We're going to Chicago." He said and walked out, leaving the door open.

I stood there, trying to process what had just happened. Abel's words echoed in my mind, mixing the absurdity of the situation with something undeniably serious. The idea of going to Chicago felt heavy, like a lead weight pressing down on my chest. I was supposed to be recovering, not plunging headfirst into whatever madness he had planned.

"Chicago?" I called after him, my own voice sounding small in the vastness of the room. "You're serious?"
"Absolutely," he replied, popping his head back through the door with a lopsided grin. "It'll be a memorable trip and fun if you make it." He winked.

I shook my head, torn between frustration and some strange thrill that stirred in my stomach. What was I doing? I had just spent a week regaining a semblance of normalcy, and now I was being pulled into a twisted plan involving a man who had threatened my life. My heart raced at the thought, but just as quickly, I felt the flicker of defiance.