Session 11: The Tower pt 1

Banger: *whistles* That's a tower alright.

The party stands in front of a 3-story cylindrical tower that has been worn down with age and is covered in moss and vines, but no apparent door.

Turt: Is it big?

Banger: I mean, size isn't everything, Turt.

Dadgrir: Hey! There's a child here.

Banger: Sorry Dad.

Turt: *whispers* But is it big?

Banger: *whispers* Pretty big.

Dadgrir sighs and shakes his head as Lyn begins inspecting the tower. Onyx watches Lyn as Lyn begins to move his hand over the stone.

Onyx: What're you doing?

Lyn: Trying to see if there's a trap or a secret handle to open the tower.

Onyx: Oh, cool. Do you think there is one?

Lyn: Has to be, or else how did the wizard get into his own tower?

Onyx: Magic?

Lyn stops for a moment and sighs.

Lyn: I.... I didn't think of that.

Onyx: B-b-but maybe he has a secret switch! Wizards are paranoid, right? So maybe he thought to make a hidden switch so he could confuse other wizards?

Lyn: No, you're right. The wizard probably used magic to-

As Lyn is speaking, Lyn pushes in a loose piece of the wall, and a door magically appears in front of the two. They both look at the door in shock.

Onyx: Huh, guess it was both. Good job, Lyn.

Onyx pats Lyn's head and smiles at him. Lyn looks up at Onyx in confusion. Onyx stops and slowly pulls his hand away. The others come up from behind and see the entrance.

Dadgrir: Alright guys, you ready?

The others nod their heads, and Dadgrir opens the door. The party enters the tower and sees a giant library filled with books. The party looks around with a look of amazement on their faces.

Onyx: Clearly a wizard's tower. It's filled with stupid books.

Banger: Hey, books can be useful.

Turt: If you can read.

Banger: You can't read?

Turt: I can't see.

Banger nods.

Banger: That'll do it.

Dadgrir: Well, I don't see any staircase that can lead us up.

Lyn: Maybe there's a secret entrance to a staircase? Like, how does the front entrance have one?

Onyx: Uh, speaking of the front entrance, where did it go?

The party turns around and sees that the door has disappeared.

Banger: Well shit, how are we supposed to get out of here?

Dadgrir: Find a way to get the top of the tower. There must be a way from here. Let's check the bookshelves. There might be a hidden level or switch.

The others nod and split up and start pulling books off of bookshelves. Banger and Turt walk together, with Banger pulling random books off the shelves.

Turt: Anything interesting?

Banger shrugs as he pulls out a green seaweed-like textured book off the shelf.