Session 2: Destiny Begins pt 2

Dadgrir: Let's make camp for tonight.

The group sets down their things and Onyx let's out a long sigh.

Onyx: How far is this place? I thought he said it was gonna be a couple miles?

Dadgrir: That is still a long ways, and we did leave just as night was rising.

Onyx: Yeah well, just wish it was closer is all.

Dadgrir shrugs and starts unpacking.

Dadgrir: In any case, we need to grab some fire wood to start a fire. I'll head out and-

Dadgrir turns and sees Lyn drop a bunch of wood and starts setting it up to be a campfire.

Dadgrir: Oh... Nice job kid.

Lyn gives Dadgrir a little head nod and lights up the campfire. Turt sits infront of the campfire and drinks some water. Dadgrir pulls out some cooking utensils and sighs.

Dadgrir: Don't know why I bought these damn things. Can't even cook.

Turt: I can.

Dadgrir: You can?

Dadgrir hands Turt the utensils.

Turt: I mean I think? I don't know really. I don't remember anything about myself truthfully.

Turt puts a pot over the fire and starts boiling some water.

Onyx: So, you have no memories of anything?

Turt: Nah. Just remembering waking up underwater in a temple and seeing a floating turtle shell. When I touched the shell, I got teleported to the surface.

Everyone stares at Turt as Turt starts putting some meat and veggies in the water.

Dadgrir: So.... you just teleported to the surface?

Turt: Yep.

Dadgrir: Do you even know where you are?

Turt: Of course.

Dadgrir: Oh good.

Turt: The surface.

Dadgrir facepalms his face and shakes his head.

Dadgrir: No, I mean do you know what continent you're on?

Turt: I'm on a continent?

Onyx: Oh god.

Dadgrir sighs and scratches his head.

Dadgrir: Alright look. Sol, God of Creation, created Gaea, our world. Gaea is split up into four seperate continents, each named and described by which race is the most prominent. The first continent is Galataea, the land of humans and its ruled by my goddess, Gala. Durgal is the continent of Dwarves, which is mostly a mountainous range, so we live inside the mountains. Elenoir is the continent of Elves and Orcs, a continent that is mostly a giant forest.

Turt: Elves and Orcs? Do they live in piece?

Dadgrir: Nah, they hate each other. Neither willing to admit that the other has claim to the continent. And especially after what happened during the Blood War.

Turt: Blood War? What's a Blood War?

Lyn: You don't even know what the Blood War is?

Turt shakes his head as he adds some seasoning to the food.

Dadgrir: Wow, ok. So the Blood War was an 800 year long war between the Elves and the Dwarves over... well honestly, it's been so long most people forgot. Anyways, it was just a bad war, so bad that we changed the way we named our years. It's now the year 315 ABW, which stands for After Blood War.