Witch

Monstra

As the Atlesian Military prepares to fight the scores of Grimm emerging from Monstra's body, Yang Xiao Long, Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren sprint down a corridor within the gigantic Grimm. They stop to catch their breath.

Yang: Well, that was harrowing.

Jaune: We're not in the clear yet. We still have to search this whole thing and find both Rody and Oscar before the Ace Ops blow us to pieces.

Yang: How are we supposed to find them? It's going to be like finding two needles in a... giant... whale. Why did we think this was a good idea?

Ren looks thoughtfully down the corridor.

Ren: I... I might be able to help. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. It happened on Winter's ship. If I focus my Aura, I can keep it up.

Yang: Okay, that's new. Maybe one of them is Oscar and Rody.

Ren touches his temples with his fingertips, focusing.

Ren: I can sort of tell where they are, but not who. They're more of less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead.

Ren makes to move down the corridor, but Jaune stops him with a hand on his shoulder.

Jaune: Hey, you don't have to drain yourself. I can help too.

Ren: Yeah, good thinking. Thanks.

Jaune: Well, lead the way.

Jaune awkwardly points finger guns at Ren while Yang rolls her eyes.

Rody's Cell

Rody Azuris laid on the ground as he stared up at the ceiling, holding his side as he seemed to be nursing his wounds ever so slowly. He sighs as he starts remembering his friends' and family's faces. It probably hasn't been that long, but between the beatings and the way he's just been sitting in this cell, it might as well have been. Djin Lazerus breaks the silence by speaking to Rody, who seemed kind of glad to be talking to anyone.

Djin: It probably hasn't been very long since you last saw them, but I agree. The way you've been treated definitely might make this feel longer than naturally should.

Rody: They were smart when keeping me here. My Aura regenerates fast, and Miguel knows that. So, they keep me from getting back my Aura, once I do, I'll be a threat again and will be harder to capture and put back. I may have magic and if I was by myself, I would take that risk, but with Oscar here as well, I have to be more considerate. I've never felt this much pain in a while, not since, well... you know.

Djin: Indeed. I'm sorry that you've been put through this Rody. You shouldn't have to suffer from something that's not even your fault. You've been through more things than anybody else has on this planet within the span of 7 years, and that speaks volumes. I would've loved it if you were a normal kid, but fate has other plans for you. Quite frankly if it were up to me, you would live far longer than anybody else should, you're a good person Rody.

Rody: People say that, and yet I still killed people. I can't take that back.

Djin: You're referring to the woman from the other night.

Rody: Yeah, I helped her with getting her bag back, I felt good doing a good thing to help her. But she paid for it by becoming an experiment for Happy to make more dangerous Grimm. She wouldn't stop because she was under his control, then I had to...

He rolls over onto his side and stifles tears.

Rody: Does it get easier?

Djin: No... even I still get upset when I think about it.