🌻Contract🌻

Eshani 

I was standing in front of a man- tall, old and well a bit grumpy. "I am Inder Rajvanshi." He introduce himself, royalty and boldness covering his voice. 

"Hi I am Eshani." I pass him a formal smile, he has not moved his gaze away from my eyes since I have entered. 

"Are these your real eyes or you wear contact lenses to fool everyone?" He scrunch his eyes a little, the air makes me nervous suddenly. 

"These are her eyes Kakasa." Agastya adjust his watch and walk towards us, standing beside me. My shoulder barely reaching his chest. 

How tall is this man? 

"6'3" he whispers. 

"What?"

"Weren't you wondering how tall I am?" He smile not looking at me at all. 

What the actual fu-

"So you mean to say that you would take her as a guest...?" His uncle cross his arms. "You know how that Gaurav is? You can fool Parv but Gaurav-" He chuckled. "What do you do girl?"

"I am a psychology student, just graduated and now practicing it."

"So you have no contacts in Royal family right?" His voice sent me shivers down my spine. I shook my head to which his face got tensed. 

"Kakasa, there is no one you can't train. We can really use her." Agastya says but his uncle leaves us alone. 

"So, I should pack my bags?" I shrug but Agastya's stone face doesn't change. I decide its better not to bring anything up... 

His uncle brings a stack of books, scrolls. They are dust-free but look like they are really really old. The scrolls are yellow, cracked, the books are in a good condition but looks very old school- some are covered with red, blue and, green. Maybe different subjects have different colors. 

"How are you in studies?" He place the bundle on the table which makes a thud noise. 

"I am a Gold Medalist." His Uncle smirks and place the heavy table in front of Agastya. 

"I give you 48 hours girl, Me or Agastya are not going to spoon feed you alright? Read all these books, the etiquettes, the rules, the history." 

Agastya hold one of the books- Hastak Rajya: Rehesya

"If you fail the basic royal tests, consider your bags packed and remember that you look like someone that's the only reason we are using you." He judge my crop top and baggy jeans once again. "Don't get too ahead of yourself because whatever happens in this mansion, stays here." He leaves the room giving a disapproving look to Agastya. 

"Basic Royal tests?" 

"Your way of walking, talking, eating, dressing- everything would need some work alright?" Agastya smiles at one of the books "Ahh classic!" 

I hold his collar and turn him towards me. "Really? You are literally making me change everything about myself?"

"You can go on kissing more frogs then?" He says sternly being least interested in my rants. 

"At least help me." I look at the bundle of books, dreadfully. "Please?" 

"Of course I have to." He sighs and place the bundle of books one by one. "Your room is next to mine for a reason. Don't let Inder Kaka know that I am helping you ok? Meet me at 5 in the evening tomorrow- sharp!" I nod and rush towards my room. 

I text Adhira about not coming back tonight because I would be sleeping in the Library researching. She is already too tensed because Samar is back but I am pretty sure they would patch up soon.