🍷Illusion of Light🍷

Agastya 

I was inside my room, my lips still tingling from her touch, my body carrying her heat and every moment reminded me of how we were skin to skin. 

The walls of my room which I never noticed before appears golden instead of the usual greyness and the thoughts that normally cloud me have been consumed by that girl. 

Shoulder length hair, sexy long neck, green eyes and beautiful soft lips. 

If it wasn't the echo of her screaming from the other room, easily surpassing my walls then I would have gladly thought about yesterday. 

We silently exchanged glances for the whole day after our kiss. It didn't take me long to understand that she was not ready to encounter what was budding between us. 

Something unsetting, dangerous but addictive. 

I walked in the direction of her room, she didn't stop shouting in excitement. I know her better now. She express her happiness to the world but keep the sadness to herself. 

I have peeked a little to her darkness and it is as beautiful as her light. 

She was in a lime yellow crop top and white shorts, the bedsheets were tussled- half on bed, half lying on the floor. Her slippers were on the opposite corners of the room. Her hair were like a pineapple that was imprinted on her cropped top. 

She didn't notice me leaning at her doorframe so I decided to enjoy a little of her rawness. 

She just got out from her bed, her eyes were pinned on the phone. There were two voices shouting together so she was on a videocall with someone. She was jerking her legs rapidly in excitement, her energy was bursting out from her lean frame. 

"I can't believe! Oh my God- you- you are engaged!" Tears pooled her eyelids and she shouted again, the room filled with her high pitched noise. "Adhira! Oh my god!" She dig her nails inside the pillow bringing it closer to her chest, hugging it as if she just wanted to hug someone physically. 

My chest itched to feel her softness again. 

"Yes! I know.. I can't keep calm girl it's- awww he is twirling you around like a princess." 

Adhira is engaged and it has to do with the messed up guy dancing with her in the party. I am pretty sure they made up because Eshani don't text Adhira anymore about why is she not back into her apartment. 

And if I am right, there are not two but four people in the video call. One has to be the cafe girl and other one who joined Adhira Sharma's success party. 

"Of course I won't disturb you anymore you cuties!" She hugged the pillow tighter, her eyes lighting up with a teenage dream. "Congratulations Adhira, Samar! You made it." She breathed and hung up the call, her eyes widen in surprise as she finally acknowledged me. 

"Hey." I blurt out. She throws the pillow away, pressing her clothes with hands and one hand on her hair. Red rushed through her cheeks as she gulped being conscious of her appearance suddenly. 

"Hey." I composed myself before melting completely on the doorframe, the iron ending poking into my muscles didn't feel a thing. 

Walking inside, I placed the bedsheet on her bed. "So, what's the news?" I have never been the type to gossip but if it opens a door to conversation then why not? 

She clutched on my hand, pulling me to the bed. I settled beside her. "You will not believe! My best friend got engaged and its a big deal! Its the first wedding of her group." The heat of her hand attached to my bicep as she squeezed her fingers, her hair were tingling on my skin. 

She kept blabbering the details but I was more interested in how her chest moved up and down with heavy breathing, how her lips moved while speaking, how beautiful her eyes looked in the morning sun.. 

I was supposed to give her archery classes but stretched some time just to hear her sweet voice echoing like a nostalgic music. I have never heard anyone talk so much to me but a part of me always wanted to be a listener of someone's story. 

"I am really happy for you." I have never been happy, sad, concerned or anything for anyone so this feeling feels foreign to me. 

"You know I almost told her about Samrat today." She held her knees high, that reached her chest, covering them with her arms. Her face tilted towards me and quietness washed over her face. "Adhira never hide anything from me. I understand Mahika and Vaidehi have their personal problems but her and I have always been together and closer in age." She lets out a sigh, her warm breath touches me, Cinnamon and mint. 

"You loved Samrat that much?" My eyebrows shot up at the sudden mention of him. 

 "I know he kicked us down and was a little harsh but he was a majestic horse, Agastya." and then suddenly redness crawled up her cheekbones at the mention of yesterday. "I always wanted to ask you something." 

I turned towards her, meeting my eyes to her. 

"The night we- kissed for the first time." The mention of our first kiss made my heart roar and I swore by my desires not to tell me to recreate it again. "Why were your hands bleeding?" 

When she was nearing me at the time, that beautiful silver dress was hugging her leaving all sorts of spaces to tease me with its openings. I had my fist clenched so tight that it bled. 

"It was the glass." I lied, easily. 

How could I ever forget the scenery I made on her inner thighs and the way she moaned into my mouth. I would want to repeat it again and again until my last breath if I had the choice. 

"I see." she played with her bracelet, again going back to where she was. Was she considering her choice of yesterday? 

I wanted to be there in her light for a moment but you can't stay in an illusion forever right? The reality drags back you faster and slams you on the ground where you belong. 

From the first day, Eshani is a sweet escape from my reality but the last few interactions made it something else. Our encounter beside the lake, her willingly kissing me. 

This time she was sober. 

My heart thumped as she sucked her lower lip, her nails digging inside her thighs. I wanted to pull her in, cave in to the electricity that is consuming me. 

But a shadow lurking behind the windows got my eye. 

I walked out from the mansion, wind piercing through my skin and the iron knob feeling icy against my palm. The only question was ringing into my ears, who could it be and how dare he listen to our conversations? 

Possessiveness washed over me as I noticed a grey hoodie, a slim figure of a man who started running. Before he could think of changing his way from mine, I caught him red handed. 

The red dragon tattoo again. 

I dragged him inside the door of my house, hiding the scene from Eshani or Inder kaka. He could be another spy and my days of staying here should be limited now. 

I should train Eshani and get back to India as soon as possible. 

I removed his mask and tied him up on the chair. "Hello, motherfucker." I held his chin, a sinister smile occurred on my lips as he got terrified of the equipment I have decorated inside the room. 

The more equipment, the more torture. 

The light that Eshani brought dimmed and disappeared as my vision turned red and cloudy and only one thing that my mind repeated. 

Blood. 

Revenge.