CHAPTER 32

S A V A N N A H

I stretched my arms as I woke up that morning. It's a weekend, and I feel relaxed after a week of working. It has been a week since Jeremiah's birthday, and it was the first night Damon kissed me. I bit my lips when I remembered the sensation of his lips on mine. He's such a good kisser.

I covered my face as I felt it heat up. I know I usually tease Sachi and Hera for being a prude but now that I am going out with somebody, I don't think I can survive a minute of talking about my sex life.

Sex.

Eventually, we have to do it. I know it's early to say, but given Damon's lifestyle, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already involved in that area. I stood up in my bathroom and looked at myself. I removed my clothes and stared at my body. I have stretch marks from when I bore the twins. It's the scar from the caesarian operation I had then. My body isn't as perfect as I want it to be but I hope Damon finds it okay.

I closed my eyes as flashes of painful memories flooded my mind. How Joshua looked at me with disappointment and disgust after sex. How he made me feel how dissatisfied he was while being with me.

I got in the shower to wake myself up.

Damon isn't like that. He is so much better than Joshua. He won't hurt me like Joshua did, right?

I went down after putting on my usual coord loungewear. I found it very comfortable when I wore it when I was pregnant and I didn't stop wearing it since. My sisters often teased me about it but hey, I am the one wearing it.

I stopped mid-way through the stairs when I saw Damon sitting in the living area of my parent's house. While he looks great in casual clothes, I still find it surprising when I see him wearing one.

"Damon, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just came to invite you and the twins for a swim."

I hugged Jeremiah before he dashed off to wake up the kids.

Papa left us and went to the kitchen but I know he's gonna be listening on the other side. My father and I know my mother are on the other side of that wall listening like the great journalists they are collecting information for their next scoop.

"Aw...you see, the twins don't know how to swim. Well, they're not that good at it."

"I can teach them if you want. Jeremiah wanted a swim and thought you guys might want to join. We'll just be at the pool at home so no pressure from other people."

"Mommy, Uncle Damon said we can go swimming." Bungad sa akin ni Noah na galing sa kwarto nito.

"Do you want to go swimming?" My Noah prefers the comfort of his room, with his books and toys. He's not the outdoorsy type of kid.

Noah nodded.

"Mommy, I want to go too," sabi ni Naomi na pumupungas-pungas pa.

I chuckled as I carried her. "I remember you were scared of the water, sweetie." Naomi will always like what Noah likes even if she's scared to do it like swimming.

"Uncle Damon is there. He won't let me drown."

My heart melted with the realisation of how much my kids trust Damon. They look like they're more fond of him than Joshua now. Whenever I fetch them after coming from their Dad's, they say how much they miss Damon and Jeremiah and how they wish they spent the weekend with him. Joshua pointed it out once and he was adamant on meeting Damon in person for some reason.

"Okay. I have to fix your things, kids. Stay with Uncle Damon for me, okay?"

Both of them nodded as I quickly put together the things we'd need.