The Power Of Madona

INT. STAFF ROOM – DAY

[School bell rings. SUE sits at a table and writes in her journal.]

SUE: (voice-over) "Madonna." Simply saying the word aloud makes me feel powerful. Even in voice-over. How I have worshipped her ever since I was a little girl. Sorry, Angie Jolie, Catherine the Great. Madonna is the most powerful woman to ever walk the face of the Earth.

CUT TO:
INT. FIGGINS' OFFICE – DAY

[SUE stands in front of Figgins, who is seated at his desk]

SUE: I'm instating a new policy whereby we play Madonna's Greatest Hits over the P.A. system, quite loudly, throughout the entire school day. 

"What?" People asked, baffled. 

"Yeah. Crazy week." 

[SUE throws the CD on his desk] 

FIGGINS: But blasting her delicious hooks would make it impossible for the students to concentrate.

SUE: Ah, who cares? Madonna never finished college. She hopped a cab for the bright lights of New York City with 35 bucks in her pocket. And I think we should encourage our pupils to do the same. You say the word, and I will provide you a list of the students I believe should be rounded up and shipped off immediately. 

"Let me guess, all of them Glee Kids?" Rachel said with a frown. 

FIGGINS: I am sorry, Sue. This is insanity!

SUE: What you call insanity, I call inspiration. Let me break it down for you. It's been the biggest dream of my career to pay homage to Madonna, the woman most responsible for my take-no-prisoners demeanor and my subconscious tendency to always be desperately looking for someone named Susan. And now, my Cheerio Squad this year finally has the talent to make that dream come true. You will not take that dream from me. Do you not understand the blackmail process and how it works? 

FLASHBACK TO:

INT. FIGGINS' BEDROOM – DAY

[FIGGINS and SUE are in bed together. FIGGINS, naked, is startled to see her there. SUE, still wearing her tracksuit, whips out a camera and takes a photo of them.]

SUE: Smile.

CUT TO: 
INT. FIGGINS' OFFICE – DAY, CONT. 

SUE: I have your wife's phone number on speed dial. To recap, you will be playing those Madonna hits throughout the day at an earsplitting volume. Understood? 

Everyone in the room rolled their eyes at the woman. 

CUT TO: 

INT. GYM – DAY

[The Cheerios are assembled on the bleachers as SUE paces in front of them. She points to SANTANA.]

SUE: Anastasia. What does your bracelet say? 

STASIA: "W.W.M.D."

SUE: "What would Madonna do?" Well, the answer to that question is usually: Date a younger man. So, let's see some arm candy, girls. Sorry, freshmen. You're going to have to start trolling the middle schools. And you know why? 'Cause if you want to be as riveting a performer as Madonna - a skill that will nab us Nationals this year - you're going to have to start thinking like her, acting like her. Also, Ã la Madonna, I will no longer acknowledge that any of you have last names. Becky Jackson. From now on, you're just Becky.

[BECKY claps enthusiastically] 

"I miss Becky. She was fun." Stasia said with a small frown.