Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Dillon

       Swing batter batter, swing batter batter, swing

      Once again, I'm here alone hitting a ball because I'm frustrated with myself. I was an idiot when I was here the other day with her. I haven't slept, because Bailey is all I've been able to think about. Practicing with her was so new, fresh, and sexy. I don't think she even knew what she was doing to me. I stayed at the ER with her until they said she was good to go home. Having driven her there, I simply took advantage of the situation and drove Bailey home.

     We talked some more about the team, my game, and baseball itself. We talked about everything but her. She changed the subject every time I asked her something personal. It was frustrating, not being able to know anything about her other than what I dug up on her online. She didn't even let me in her house. We sat out in my car for an hour. When I finally left her house, I went home to deal with my frustration again. I've never had to do this so much in my life.

     Swing - Strike One!

     "Shit!!" I growl at myself out loud, when I completely missed the ball. That's not like me. I always get a piece of it. Lining up, I try again.

      Swing - Strike Two!

     Missed again. "Damn it!" I slam the top of my bat against the dirt. What the hell is wrong with me? Again I line myself up.

      Swing -Strike Three!

     "What the fuck!?" I yell out, completely frustrated and now angry at myself for not being able to focus. She's in my head again and I can't help but think I must want her there.

      "You need to raise your front elbow and choke up." Her sweet voice breaks my thoughts and I spin around to see the woman who's been in my thoughts, standing behind the fence watching me.

My mouth is hanging open in surprise and she smiles shyly at my response to her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

     My eyes move slowly over her, taking in every inch. White tennis shoes and denim shorts are paired with a New York jersey and her hair is up in a ponytail, covered with an Anaheim baseball hat. Simple, relaxed, and beautiful. Instantly my hard on is back.

      I'm screwed, my career is over.

     "How's the arm?" I wonder,  still feeling guilty for hurting her. I wasn't focused on the ball that day, just on her. Kinda like now.

     Swoosh! A ball flies behind me, just missing my ass. Damn, that would have been painful.

     "It's fine, Dillon. Stop worrying about me. I don't blame you. It's not like you were trying to nail me." Bailey pulls her bat from her bag.

      Yes, baby. I was seriously thinking about nailing you, that's why I fucked up!

      I still feel bad about it. She's been fine and I've called every day to check on her. She's still not letting me in. Bailey is polite and completely professional, but no personal hints at all. It's driving me crazy. I just want to know if she's seeing someone.

      Swoosh! Another ball flew past me.

       I need to get out of this cage before she has to take me to the ER. That would be just wonderful. And embarrassing, I can see the headline now: Baseball player taken to hospital due to ball lodged up his ass for flirting. Nate would never let me hear the end of it. Reese would be sure to get there for pictures. Assholes.

      "I didn't think anyone would be here today. You know, we get a day off, right?" I ask, giving up on my own game and moving outside the cage to sit on the bench.