Chapter 24

Alexandria's pov

Alex and Ace have gone missing. I suppose wherever they are they are together. I have been covering up for Alex for the last two days because I wanted to protect him and my mind just couldn't believe that he could go on a suicide mission with Ace.  He hasn't been answering any of my calls. I should try one more time, if he doesn't pick up I will come clean and tell the family that Alex is not at Matteo's house. I would never forgive myself if anything bad happens to him. The phone rang until I reached voicemail. He called me back two minutes later.

Phone convo

Alexander where are you? Please tell me you are not  a part of some insane mission with Ace.

How is she? Andrea I mean.

She is better today. She has her highs and lows, she even had breakfast today and she is speaking to us again. Whatever Ace and her discussed helped I guess. Now that I've answered your question you answer mine, Where are you, are you with Ace?

  Where we are doesn't really matter, the important thing is we are safe and we will come back once we have what we came here for.

Alex are you insane! You are in flippin Russia. Did it not occur to you that the same people who kidnapped Andrea might kidnap you too. You are risking your life there and for what?

Ria we had to do this for her. Maybe this is what she needs, maybe seeing their dead bodies will give her some closure, comfort or whatever it is that she needs for her to come back to us.
This war is no longer hers alone, it's our war now.  Can you try and buy us more time we are very close to nabbing these guys.

Alex you vanish without informing me, you ignore my calls and when you finally answer my call you do not greet me, you just ask about her. It's fine, you must have had your reasons. Everyone here is getting suspicious. If it was Ace alone who had gone away they would not suspect anything. Why did you involve yourself in all of this? We were supposed to stay away from the mafia business it was our choice, you and I decided to be no part of it. We would learn to use guns and defend ourselves but nothing more and here you are stirring up wars, not just any wars Alex, mafia wars. In the fifteen years we have lived we have never been apart let alone being in different countries. You have never left my side nor have you kept things from me.Ever since she arrived you have changed and you........

Ria you know I would do the same for you too. I have not changed. I am still the same brother who would go to great lengths for his sister. She needs me more than you right now so I have to be there for her. I have to go maybe I'll call you later. Te amo( I love you)

Phone convo ended

I just can't shake off the bad feeling I have in my chest. I really hope all of this was worth it and that they find what they are looking for in Russia.
I hear a knock on my door and I stand up and go unlock the door. It was my parents, I wasn't surprised. Seeing their mood makes me a bit nervous.

" Bambina we need to talk and I need you to tell us the truth. Where is Alexander?" Dad asks while giving me a stern look. I am toast, they know. I know they do, they want confirmation.

" He is at Matteo's house doing a science project and he will be back very soon. Dad you know how Alexander needs extra attention when it comes to his books, that's probably the reason it's taking so long. I'm sure whatever it is they are working on is going great trust me I will be doing the final touches for their project so rest assured there is nothing to worry about." I said as I lied through my teeth. I am surprisingly a good liar for someone who doesn't lie.

" Ria as good of a liar as you think you are, we know you are lying. Matteo called today asking for Alexander because he couldn't reach him on his phone. Ace leaves after asking to see Andrea and Alex decides to visit Matteo for a project and he tells only you about it? There are no coincidences here because Ace and Alex are together and my bet is they are in Russia." Mama said. Why did they even let me make a fool of myself by cooking up these lies if they already knew what was going on? Everyone in this family is just insane.

" They are in Russia but they will return soon. Alex wishes for us to put some faith in him and Ace. They intend on bringing Andrea's enemies to their deaths. It is insane but insane doesn't even begin to describe this family so that's that," I say as I shrugged my shoulders.

" Knowing Ace he won't let this go so I will send Lucas and Antonio to Russia so they can assist him. Alex is coming back right at this instance because he has no business in Russia. I cannot imagine what was going on in his mind when he decided to Patner up with Ace. He is a kid for goodness sake. These kids are all going to send me to an early grave." Dad announces  as wrinkles form on his forehead because of all of the worry.