Prologue

Isabella's pov

My husband had always wanted a girl even though he knew that there had been no girl in the Bianchi family in 4 generations.
I think I also want a girl, the idea of having someone to do make up with and do their hair is blissful.
I've had two miscarriages after doing surgery for my fallopian tubes infection.
Even after having 5 boys we have decided to try again.
A large family has always been something I had in mind growing up as an orphan.

"Mi Alma(my soul).. why are you awake at this late hour?" My husband asks with concern on his face.

" I'm just thinking about tomorrow, we have come so far, what if it did not work?"

" I'm confident that it did work, but if it doesn't work then it's fine, we will face it together.. now come, get some rest, I will sing to you," Allesandro said as he pulled me towards him and gently layed me on his chest and kissed the top of my head

He started singing to me while drawing small circles on my back, I slightly chuckled at how sweet this ruthless mafia don I married can be.

7 months later

Allesandro's pov

Yesterday we found out we were having a baby girl.
It all felt so surreal, I will finally have a little princess.
My oldest, Armani has to be the most excited, he has even given our little bambina(baby) a name, Aurora.
My wife has also been trying to keep our surrogate, Calliope on a diet.
I feel Isabella gets more and more paranoid as the months draw closer to Aurora's arrival.

My thoughts were quickly disturbed by my phone ringing.
It was an unknown number and I was surely not going to answer it but then my wife called and I answered it on the first ring.
Phone convo
"Mi Alma..."

"Allesandro..(sniffs) you need to get to Wellington Hospital now, something happened to Calliope and the baby," she said in a hoarse voice.

I shot up at that instance," I'm on my way."
I ran to take my car keys and then raced to the hospital.
I just prayed nothing happens to my baby girl.

When I got there my wife was a crying mess, she saw me and ran up to me and sobbed in my arms as she shattered my entire world with her words.
" The doctors said they did everything they could... she did not make it,"
It then hit me, it was already too late, she was gone.I could not hold back my tears.
What pained me the most was the fact that I would never hear her laugh or see her beautiful eyes.

The doctors explained they do not know what caused the miscarriage, they would perform the surgery later tommorow since Calliope was induced today. My wife and I left the hospital and decide we would come back once they are ready to release her body so we can bury her.

Aurora's burial was very melancholic.
I saw my father shed a tear for the first time.
The boys weeped for the sister they never met.
I think a part of me died with her.
We would never forget little Aurora our Italian mafia princess.
I still cannot make sense of everything that transpired.
It all happened so suddenly, one minute we were overjoyed and the next our joy was snatched away from us.

7 years later

Zeus's pov

I cannot help but smile when I look at her in the training field.
I only started training her 3 months ago though you would swear she has been training for years.
She is a natural. She has been shooting for over an hour now and not once has she missed her target.

She is full of potential indeed.
I may be harsh considering she is only 7 years old when I insist on training her.
She often begs me to let her have friends,a pet or just someone to play with and I refuse her.
She is the only heir to the Greek mafia thus she has no choice but to excell at everything.
She has to be the best, she cannot settle for anything less.
I don't know whether it is love or not but I know I would burn the whole world down and myself with it for her sake.

"Luna! come child," I call out to her.

"Yes father," she turns and looks at me with her green eyes, those green eyes so similar to the ones I once fell on love with.

"You have done well, what is it that you fear Luna?"

"I fear nothing father," she answers without giving it a second thought.

" That's good but Luna if you must fear then fear love, it makes one weak, irrational and for some pushes them to the brink of insanity.... now off you go,"

She starts walking away and then halts all of the sudden.
She turns around and looks at me as her eyes darken
" Father, on second thought I do fear something,"

" And what is it that you fear little Luna?"

"Myself," she says with a cold look on her face.

I walk up to her and crouch to reach her height before saying
"We are Galanis, we do not fear because we are to be feared, you and I are δράκους(dragons)."

It was at that moment that I became certain that Luna would have all the mafia leader at her feet and not just because of her beauty but her willpower. Luna would become something very deadly.