Chapter 18

2 months later
Andrea's pov

Flashback

I'm almost 2 months pregnant now. I have a little bump and my tiny body is changing  . I know he knows I'm expecting though I am unaware of his intentions with it. They should have given me a concussion, pills or just something to get rid of it but they didn't. I don't even know who the father is. It could be Dimitri because he molests me the most but it could also be him. He has taken advantage of me numerous times when I was drugged by him. At first I despised the spawn like I despise all of them. Things have changed, I think  Im beginning to love it . If it were a girl I would name her Thalia and if it were a  boy, Leonidas.

Dimitri and Viktor were training us, I don't know why I had to fight in my condition. I have been on my best behaviour the past month, I couldn't risk going in for punishments or having Viktor  beat me up. I guess no one really cared about the spawn I was carrying.

"идите сюда(come here) number 13, you are to fight number 34 today, you are not getting any special treatment" Viktor  said. I just stared at him blankly. What did he mean I have to fight Diego. I mean Diego is going to beat my ass. The man fights better than me even when I'm normal and not pregnant. He won't even take pity on me because we don't know each other that well. I'm sure Sophia tells him I'm the most evil roommate ever.Maybe this is how it's supposed to be, I'll probably lose this baby after this fight. It shall be spared from a life here as just a number.

We started fighting. I realised I was protecting it with everything in me even though that wasn't my intention, it just happened. I did get a few good shots at him. Within a matter of minutes I had pinned him to the ground. I didn't win, he went easy on me. From the look in his eyes I can tell he knows or he figured it out by observing my body language.

" Why did you agree to fight in this state," he asked, he seemed pissed. I'd rather I  lose it now then later. I'm becoming attached to it and I know it has no future. They must be planning to have it removed one way or the other. I didn't want to answer him so I kept quiet.

" Do you want to keep it?" He asked after pulling me closer to make sure only I heard him. He acted as if he would come up with a plan if I said I do. From the moment I entered this place I've lost my voice, here nobody has choices so why would I?

" It's not my choice to make. Whether or not I want to keep it doesn't matter. He will do whatever he wants anyway," I tell him truthfully.

End of flashback

Leonidas would be turning four today. The pain never goes away, I can never forget that I birthed a son and that he was the only one who could bring a smile to my face even under those terrible circumstances while we were living in Russia. I think what hurt the most was that they let him live, they didn't have me abort him only to murder him two years later. I know he gave the order but Viktor and Dimitri were the ones who did it. They chained me up and made me watch as they decapitated him. He cried for me and  calling out to me. I can almost hear his piercing screams when I think of that day. He died on the same day he was born, the irony.

It was on that day that I remembered father's words, love was indeed something to be feared. Nothing they had done to me before hurt me, I was almost immune to the pain and the abuse. They could  keep me in the black room for months before I had Leo and I would not plead or beg but that day I did. I begged and pleaded with Viktor and Dimitri. After Leo's death I vowed to never love, my love for Leo gave them my weakness and that's how they broke me.

Lucas's pov

Things have gone really well in the past two months. Andrea is slowly opening up and accepting us as her family, I have a feeling she might start calling our mother and father,  Mama and dad
All in all dad and Andrea's relationship has also improved, though  the progress is slow.
She really is trying, I'll give her that. I mean she hasn't tried to kill any family members in the past two months so that's a big deal. She has become relatively close with Alex and I. I do suspect that I'm her favourite brother and then Alex and Antonio.  I only just  noticed that she does have a really beautiful smile with dimples like dad and Ria,she just hides it under her grouchyness and stern face.

We are all waiting for her to come down for breakfast. Armani made her banana pancakes because we recently found out that it is her favourite thing in the world. I'm glad she has started eating Armani's food because she is gaining some weight, I was starting to think she might have an eating disorder but now I know she was just being cautious and adapting. I guess we were raised very differently because I love food so much I would pardon Zeus for taking my sister if he offered me anything in the food category even a bag of chips. But seriously I still hate him though and I'd probably kill him if we ever crossed paths.

Antonio decides to go and get her because he has grown impatient and the moment he stands up she enters. Well someone's having a bad day. She looks terrible and I'm not overreacting. Her hair is a mess, her eyes are  slightly red from lack of sleep and her face was pale. She looks even worse than she did before coming here. She is a walking zombie with her dead eyes.

I think everyone notice how heavy her aura was . I don't even know what could have caused it because she was fine yesterday at dinner, she was even joking around with us. I watched her as she slowly walked to her seat. The moment her eyes landed on Nico her face changed, she had   so much pain in her eyes and she bit her lip lightly probably to compose herself.  From one moment to the next she put her walls back up and put on a cold look. I think I was the only one who saw that.
We all started eating and tried to not make her feel uncomfortable by staring at her or asking questions. She sat still and didn't grab the first pancake like she normally does. I was about to say something but dad beat me to it .

" Andrea the rest of the family is coming today. It's not a lot of people just your grandmother and grandfather, your two uncles, their wives and children. Basically no one leaves today,"  Dad stated, directing the last statement at all of us. Antonio and Alessio just frowned because Alessio had a race today.

" I have somewhere to be," Andrea said in a low, hoarse voice. It almost came out as a whisper. I really miss my arrogant bully of a sister because this one is not it.  Who sleeps fine and wakes up this melancholic? Her behaviour is really starting to worry me because this may be more than just a bad day.

" You are going to have to cancel your plans because the rest of the family is coming and they are on a plane as we speak. Andrea they have been wanting to meet you for so long and your father and I kept postponing it. I think this is the right time, I mean you are adjusting well and you have been living with us for  almost 3 months now," Mama explained. When she mentioned how long Andrea had been living with us I realised we may just have only a month left with her should she decide to abondon us when she turns eighteen.

" Not today," Andrea says in a low tone again.
If it were me I would probably have let it go but then again it's Alessandro  Bianchi so.

" Principessa, I know you might be nervous because you don't normally associate well with people but trust me they love you already and you will make a great first impression,"  Dad said trying to persuade Andrea. I don't think anyone expected her to lash out.

" I said not today .Allesandro I have no desire to meet any of your bloody family members. In fact I have no desire to sit here and pretend to be happy with all of you  when in fact you all make me miserable. I have plans, deal with it and don't bother waiting up for me because I'm not coming back," and that was the last thing Andrea said before storming off.

" Well what a great way to start the day," Antonio said while giggling and gulping his wine slowly. Yup he is definitely drunk now.