CHAPTER #2

It's almost 10am. I was supposed to be in the school right now but here I am preparing to open the food court in this mall as the owner is on leave. My job has been my first priority since my parents death. I'm fine with not attending the school. This time is pretty peaceful.  It's a weekday and not many people come at this time.

I watch the people walking around the mall laughing, giggling, doing everything but being unhappy. It's always been my habit to sit and observe the people from afar and understand the concept of human behavior. As I kept my eyes loitering around they stopped when I saw a girl just on the top floor of the one I was on. It was her, the one who spoiled my night the other day.

She smiled at me; it was more of a playful grin.
I looked at her confused and was about to get up to get to where she was but a customer arrived. I looked back at the above floor after taking the order but she was gone by then.

It was a long day with quite a lot of customers at the evening time. It was almost 8pm when I started packing up to leave. "Hope u get enough sleep" the other part-timer said to me as I was ready to leave. "Hopefully." I replied.

I took the escalator until I reached the ground floor. Just then I bumped  into a man. I looked up to see a man,double my age. His eyes were fuming with anger. "I'm really sorry" I blurted out. He looked down at me then suddenly grabbed my hair with all his strength "How dare you hit me with your little shoulders you fucking bitch" he cursed out.

That's when I realized he was completely drunk and I was absolutely terrified in that situation.
The security guard tried to help me out of his grip. He finally released me from his grip. Instead of leaving the mall I ran into the washroom. I washed my face while trying to calm myself down as I heard the tap sound next to me. I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror just to see her again.

I stared in the mirror blankly and she didn't try to break eye contact. "You always got some shit going on," she grins. I was still confused when I realized that she might have been here the whole time since I saw her in the morning. "Do you work here?" I asked.

"I don't think so." She replied
"Why are you here then?"
"As I said before I don't think you own this place so I can be here without answering that question." She reminded me.

"I hope we don't see each other again because your presence isn't really pleasing." I said angrily. "I'm looking forward to meet you again." She said winking at me. "I'm Lena by the way."

Lena. That's her name. I found it pretty unique as it didn't really go well with her face. "I'm Kiera," I responded. "I know that!" She said leaving me confused. "You know me?"

She suddenly started walking in my direction getting closer to me. I was already terrified of what happened a while ago and now she was getting closer to me. My heart started pumping fast when she suddenly pointed at the name tag.
"I can see your name here." She said.

I took a deep breath and walked past her when she exclaimed, "you're still alive! I thought you were dying after I left the other day."
"Thanks to someone my attempt to die was unsuccessful" I replied.

"You don't deserve to die" she stated.
"Whatever you have gone through was not your fault. You deserve much better. You deserve happiness." I felt the tears buliding up in my eyes. "Why do I deserve it?" I questioned her.
"Well every human does. Everyone has the right to recieve love and happiness so do you."

I don't understand why her words effected me. A tear rolled down my cheek as i quickly wiped it. "I need to go." I walked outside the mall as the cold breeze hit my face making my tears dry away.

I got on the bicycle and started riding as fast as I could because as i just wanted to go back home and not face anyone anymore. I reached home as my stomach started growling for food. I had nothing except few cup noodles. I turned on the kettle to heat the water. My thoughts keep turning towards Lena.

Her words keep spinning around my head. No one has ever said something like that before.
Even though we just met twice I feel that she's harmless. Should I ask her to be my friend?
I was in my thoughts when someone ringed the door bell. I turned off the kettle and walked towards the door and peeped through the hole.
Shit. It was the landlord.

I slowly open the door to greet is angry face.
"Hello Sir" I said hesitantly.
"I hope you are aware that you haven't paid the rent for the last 3 months."
"Please excuse me till the end of this month. I'm going to get paid and I will surely pay the rent then." I replied knowing very well that my earning won't be enough to pay all the rent.
"You better do it by the end of this month or else you need to leave." He replied heatedly.

Yes

Of course

This was the only thing left to happen to me.
To be homeless.