CHAPTER #10

I'm running

My legs pumped furiously, every step I take forward it slaps against the ground echoing through the deserted streets. I'm scared about something I don't know.

I can't see anything around. I just kept running forward and every step felt like a battle, my lungs gasping for air and my heart aching. I shivered, despite the sweat dripping down my forehead

And then,
I see someone, I see her.

I don't know her, she feels very unfamiliar yet so known to me. I can't see her face. It's too dark here.

I felt her gaze on me. All I could see was her eyes shining in the dark. Her gaze was like a cold breeze on a winter night, freezing me in my place.

“You're tired, aren't you?” she slowly whispered.

I tried to take a step back but my body could not move at all. Her gaze still fixed on me. The panic set in, my mind trying to find the answer.

“No.” I whispered, my voice trembling lost in the roar of the city.

I heard her scoff at my voice which was trying to be stern but failed miserably.

“Let me take care of everything Keira, I'll keep you safe. Then you won't have to run anymore.”

“No!”I tried to gather my words. “I don't want you to. Who are you? Can't you go away?”

“You don't have a choice.” She said walking closer to me. She slowly brought her face closer to my ear and whispered,

“You don't have a choice. I know you haven't realized it but you're already in my control. And I'll keep you safe.”

I jolted awake, gasping for air. My chest heaved, and my sheet clung to my sweat soaked skin. I felt the moisture running down my cheeks.

What just happened?

My phone kept ringing back to back and I compressed it down with my pillow not wanting to hear it. I took time to calm myself down. I slowly pushed myself off the bed trying to sit still contemplating what I was just  dreaming about.

It was just a nightmare. Right?

But I'm losing my mind because of it. It was the third time I had a dream like this.

I finally decided to check my phone. It was the assistant. 5 miss calls.
I quickly rushed to the kitchen to have a glass of water and dialed his number.

“Oh my god Keira, I've been calling you all this time! Where have you been?”

“Umm i was…well sleeping.”

I heard him taking a deep sigh across the phone.
“Get ready and come as fast as you can. You should have been here 2 hours ago.”

I gasped, “what? Why?”

“What else, you're meeting your team today”

Did I hear that right? My team? I'm getting a team? “Are you being serious right now? I asked silently, screaming.

“Yes. You better be here soon or forget about your team.

“No! I'm coming! I am going to make it to the team.”
I quickly got my ass off the bed sprinting towards the bathroom to get ready.

It's been 20 minutes and I'm ready to leave. I make my way to the front door. I hurriedly walked out quickly locking in and started running down the streets when I heard someone call my name.