CHAPTER #6

Lena and I have been hanging out often. Her company is serene. She shows up randomly at any time and says that she just happened to be there.

She never talks about herself and for some reason I can't bring up conversation about her. She is always hesitant to talk about herself.

But somehow I'm glad to have her there in these brief moments of my life where I can just be myself and not worry about anything.

Today she dragged me out to the mall to get me some gym clothes for training. I have to start from next week and no one is more excited than her.

I'm still anxious about it. I have no idea what I'm bringing myself into and have no idea what I will go through but I just hope I don't regret it.

We reached the mall. Lena crossed her arm with mine as she just walked around draggin me with her looking around the different stores and observing people.

This is the one thing that is common about us, watching people and observing them and their emotions.

We got us coffee and walked into a store. Lena finally let go of my hand and started to look for clothes. She did all the work helping to get a few pairs. All I did was watch her going back and forth shelf to shelf.

"What do you think? My choice is pretty decent right?" She asked, waiting for compliments.

"I guess so." I replied. She made a little pout wanting for more than just that but I'm not really going to say anything more.

"Well at least you liked them."

I gave her a little nod.

"Let's go to the counter and pay."

We were on our way to the counter when I felt a huge force that came dashing towards me and in no time I was on the floor.

I hit the back of my head to the floor. It was hurting really bad. I somehow managed to get myself off the ground.

As I stood up I saw a silhouette in front of me. It was the person who just bumped into me. My eyes met a pair of  unfamiliar eyes. It was filled with confusion, fear and concernment.

He looked at me and was about to say something but his eyes were no longer meeting mine. He got distracted and started walking away.

Just then I saw Lena running behind him. I swear to god she's not going to leave him alone.

I ran behind both of them to stop her from doing anything but before I could stop her she grabbed the guy's collar from the back, not letting him walk any further.

"You have no manners, mister?"she questioned rigorously.

"Let me go," he said with his wandering eyes.

"How on earth can I do that? You bumped into my friend so hard that she hit her head and now you're running away without apologizing.

"Just fucking let me go i need to leave!" He yelled at her.

But Lena didn't budge; she kept her hold tight. I ran towards her trying to stop her from grabbing a random person.

"Lena we can talk, stop it!" I requested but she's too furious to listen to me.

Suddenly that man stopped trying to get off her grip.
He walked towards my direction standing right in front of me. Those eyes which were filled with fear now ran cold.

"I'm so fucking sorry lady. And also I'm really thankful. Because of you I have got to face consequences." I tried to reply to him but he left without letting me say anything.

That was rude. Why me? I didn't even do anything to him. It was Lena. Ugh!
I walked away to the counter and paid for the clothes. After I was done I walked out  as she followed me quietly.

No one spoke a single word until she finally decided to break the silence
"Are u angry at me"? She asked hesitantly

"What do you think Lena?"I replied firmly.

"Lena, why did you have to do this? I don't understand why you get so furious whenever something happens?"

"I care for you Kaira." She said so quietly I almost didn't hear it.

" I just want to be there for you. And I don't want you to suffer"

I don't understand. Why would she do this to me?

"Why Lena?" What is the reason you're trying to be nice to me? Is it because you pity me?"

I felt in the air that my words affected her.

"No."she continued " why on earth will I pity you? I just want to be your friend and be there for you."

I can't believe it. I can't believe that she just wants to be my friend after popping into my life out of nowhere.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Who are you Lena?"

My question made her face lose its color. She was flustered, hesitant but somehow managed to talk.

"I'm just me. I'm Lena and I'm your friend who wishes the best for you. That's all you have to know about me."

"Can you make more sense?" I got furious.

"Because it doesn't make any sense to me. You just randomly come and go never say anything about yourself, about who you are or where are you from and you want me to believe that"

"You have to kiara. Please. I know I didn't say anything about myself but right now I can't but I will surely tell you one day it's just not today."

"Don't give me all that crap. I said pulling my bag over my shoulders,
"Please don't appear in front of me unless you are ready to speak the truth."

I saw the pain in her eyes but at this point of my life I can't trust no-one. It's hard for me. I  let my guard down for a while and let her enter my circle. But I need to be more careful who I let in.

I started walking away. I heard her calling my name but I refused to look back.

I reached home after a while and let myself fall onto the ground.

I felt the light looked dim. The darkness started taking over and I pushed away the light myself. At this moment I'm not sure if I'm regretting it. I don't know if this will be the last time we meet each other or maybe she will reach out to me with the truth.

The funny part is that if she does not come back but I want to go to her, I can't. I know nothing about her, or her life, or her home.
I don't know how to reach her.