CHAPTER #3

Chapter# 3

2 weeks later

It's been an hour since my shift was over. It's pouring really hard outside. All those thunderstorms always just make me ruminate about thoughts I want to forget. I waited for an hour long when the rain stopped and I was ready to leave. I slid my bag on my shoulder escaping the doors of the mall and walking down the Alley.

The streets were illuminated with lights and the roads were moist with water. My thoughts levitated from my head as I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hii!" She exclaimed with her radiant smile. She's here again out of nowhere.

"How did you find me?" I grumbled
"I just happened to see you." She replied.
It was quiet for a while as we were walking down the Alley when she suddenly screamed right into my ear. "Look there!". She exclaimed pointing towards a car.

There was a man who almost unlocked the door of the car to get a bag which was inside the car.
"Can we just walk?" I said to her as I had no interest in the grand robbery going on.

"Aren't we supposed to do something?" She asked in an ordering tone. "Well if you're interested please stop the robbery while I go back home." I said sarcastically.
"Come one! We should probably do something. It could be something valuable."
"Yeah sure, go ahead" I replied.

"I didn't know that you were a coward. Oh wait! how can I forget, you are a coward considering the time when u were tryna kill yourself." She said hesitantly knowing that it would trigger me and it did. "Watch what you say Lena." I said to her, giving her a glare. "Let's go." I commanded walking toward the car while she followed me with a slightly surprised face.
"I think you should stop what you're working on, mister!" She blurted out without any fear.

Without giving a second thought she walked towards the man trying to stop him. I have no idea what makes her confident that she could stop a man who is double the size of her from robbing the car. She tried to pull his hands away from the car when he pushed her so hard that she fell on the floor. I quickly ran to her direction and lifted her up and made her stand on the ground only to see her elbow scratch badly. "Take her away and go on your way lady" he grumbled. "What if I don't?" I asked.

In a second he was in front of me almost punching my face when I grabbed his hand and hit his leg hard as he fell on the ground. Thanks to the self defense classes I've taken in school. Right when he was about to get up some yelled from behind, "what the hell is going on?"

The man ran away as soon as he heard the other person's voice. The person came into light. He was a middle aged man dressed up in a black suit.  "Are you okay?" He asked and I assumed he watched the whole thing from behind. "I'm fine," I replied.

I took my backpack from the floor which I dropped earlier and started walking towards Lena as the man called me. "Excuse me?"
"Yes?"

"I was really amazed by how you defended yourself from that man with such ease. Would you consider working with me?"
He said handing his card to me "Herold Martin"
"CEO" "Emerald styles"

I almost choked when I realized he is the CEO of one of the most famous fashion brands in our country. I tried my best not show my shocked face and asked him back "What kind of work?"
"I'll let you know the details when you visit my office. You can call in this number and fix an appointment"

"Well I can't come to your office if you won't tell me what I'm getting into" I said. "Give it a good thought. I won't be able to tell you now but I'm sure you won't regret it. And also thanks alot for saving my car. It had something really important in it". He said as he turned his back and walked towards his car. I finally gave my attention to Lena.

She was bleeding a little and waiting for me to show some concern towards her "I think you should go back home and do
something to that scratch" I said without glancing at her. "That's a bit too much Keira"
"You think I care" I replied.
"You have to help me, it hurts a lot", she said, trying to gain some sympathy from me.

My apartment was pretty near so I decided to take her to my place. We walked down the road and took a few turns and finally reached my house. I unlocked the door letting her in."Is this your place?" She asked, looking around. "Nahh I just broke into some random house", I said with the sarcasm on peak.

"You should try to clean often. It kinda stinks",she said with a playful grin. I ignored her and walked towards the drawer to get the kit. I made her sit on the couch and I helped her clean her wound and so I can send her back home. "Done. You can leave now." I commanded.  "At least I deserve a glass of water" she said more like ordering me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen and filled up a glass and brought it back to her. She gave me a grin and she took the glass from my hand and took a sip.

"It's the weekend tomorrow. Do you have any plans?"
"Not really" I replied
"Okayy done I'll be here in the morning then let's clean your hell hole together!"
"Wait what?"

She didn't let me finish as she walked towards the door and opened it herself and waved me bye.

"See you tomorrow."