CHAPTER 2

It was such a tough week, and there were many assignments. Lexi really helped me out. It was Saturday, so I only planned to walk a little before my breakfast. While I gave her a goodbye hug, she was busy in the kitchen cooking breakfast, and I told her that I was going for a walk in the nearby park so that I could break away slightly for some fresh air after a rigid week.

"Okay, sweetheart, come back for breakfast." "Sure, Mom, I will be there on time." While I was walking towards the park, somebody called my name from behind, so I turned to see who it was, and yes, it was none other than Lexi. She seemed to be running towards me rather than walking. I smiled at her.

Before anyone could realize it, she stopped with a gasp. "Hi, Sameera! How are you?" "Hi, Lexi! I'm fine. How about you?" "Oh, I was just passing by and happened to find you here. Actually, I was just going out for a walk in the park. May I join you?" "Yeah, sure, why not? Is that even a question?"

"Okay, let's walk while we chat," I proposed. Anyway, nice to meet you! Where are you from? "I am from Alabama." She kept asking me more and more questions, which I answered, and I asked her here and there about Georgia. I stood to learn a lot about the surroundings and how things function around here, and Lexi was also satisfied to get to know about Alabama.

I took a look at the watch and said to Lexi that it was time for me to go. Thanks for the company on the walk. "Meet me here at the same time tomorrow, okay?" she said. Then I set out on my way home, and she went towards the market. While on my way back, I thought about how quickly Lexi became my good friend and how, by being so playful and happy all the time, she can be friends with anybody.

I reached home in time for breakfast. Dad was already seated at the table. I entered the dining room very happily. He looked at me and said, "Good morning, Sam. How was your walk?"I took a look at the watch and said to Lexi that it was time for me to go.
Thanks for the company on the walk. "Meet me here at the same time tomorrow, okay?" she said. Then I set out on my way home, and she went towards the market. While on my way back, I thought about how quickly Lexi became my good friend and how, by being so playful and happy all the time, she can be friends with anybody.

I reached home in time for breakfast. Dad was already seated at the table. I entered the dining room very happily. He looked at me and said, "Good morning, Sam. How was your walk?"It was four when I was done with gardening. I skipped tea time and went to finish the leftover assignment to be free tomorrow.

Just before dinner, my phone rang. "Hey, Lexi, what's up? You sound very excited." "Yes, because Mom told me it's okay to go to your place." "Great, let's catch up tomorrow." I kept my phone— we are not allowed to take our phones to dining—and went down for dinner when I told my parents that Lexi was coming for lunch. "That is so kind of her." That night, I went to bed a little earlier than normal, as I had done all my work early to be free on Sunday. The alarm went off so loudly that I woke up with a jerk the next morning.I set off the alarm and began to get ready for the walk.

Fifteen minutes later, I went down to the kitchen to take my water bottle. Like every other day, Mom was preparing breakfast in the kitchen. Mom cooked as if Lexi was going to come. "Okay, Sam." I left the house, hoping not to be late. I caught up with Lexi a little way from the park.

"Good morning, Lexi." "Morning, Sam." I am so excited to come to your house and meet your parents. After the usual half-hour walk, we both decided to return home. On the way back, we saw children playing, youngsters exercising, and a group of old people chattering and laughing.

After a few minutes, we opened the main door and went in.Hey Mom, we're home. Mom came out of the kitchen, and Dad went down the stairs. "Good morning, kids." "Morning," we said together. "Are we going to stand at the entrance and talk, or do you want to come in?" my dad asked.

"Oh yes, come in! Mom, what do we have for breakfast?" "Today, we have some bread with butter and jam, toast, eggs, mango juice, and a dessert bowl." After breakfast, Sam will guide you around. She has developed a good rapport with my parents and especially with me, as I'm not a person who gets close to any stranger very soon, even though I'm friends with them.

It is already established.I took Lexi through everything in the house. We went into the kitchen with Mom, helped her a bit, but she scurried around a little. I showed her my room; she said it was such a nice house, and when we entered the room, the first word was, "Wow! What I call a big, beautiful, and clean room."

My room is quite small and is located in the attic of my house. When I arrived in the room, Lexi was checking it out, and I jumped onto the bed and grabbed my phone as I found two missed calls from Zia. Zia was also available online 24/7.I dialed her number, and in response, she answered soon.

"Hey Sam, how are you?" "Hi Zia! I am fine, and how are you?" "Wait, I'll FaceTime." "Okay, why didn't you answer the phone?" "We were at breakfast, and you know full well we can't take our phones down to the dining room unless it's an emergency." "Zia, didn't I mention that I got a friend?"

"Yeah, is she with you at the moment?" "Yes, she was sitting next to me, so we introduced one another. This is Lexi Caleb, and this is Zia Casio." We were talking to Zia for some time, and then she left when her mom called her to finish some work. "Bye, guys." "Bye, Zia. I will call you later."

"Oh, Lexi, wait. I have to show you something.