CHAPTER 7

It was a lively Saturday morning. It was bright and sunny with a cold breeze outside. Lexi was up as always on the other side. I am entirely different from this girl next to me because I usually wake up a little later than usual on the weekends, as the whole week is always a hectic one with all the assignments and projects. However, Lexi is an early riser. She went to the blinds and opened them, which reminds me of Zia back in Alabama, since she does the same thing to wake me up.You know she is also an early riser.

She used to come to my house in the morning, say hi to my mom, and run up to my room to wake me up. She had just freshened up and was drying her hair when I said, in an acidic tone, “Hey, let me sleep.” “What time is it?” I asked. “8 o'clock.”

When she understood that I was not in the mood to wake up, she went to the speaker, increased the volume, and started dancing. That jumping was enough to get me out of bed because I was so annoyed. As I sat up, leaning against the headboard, I pulled her down, took the remote from her hand, and turned off the speaker. I am awake.

Good morning,Sam, good morning! I'm still sleepy. “Good, now get going to the washroom and freshen up, as I am starving,” she said. That's when I realized that I was also hungry. Even though I was hungry, I got out of bed slowly and went to freshen up, still wanting to sleep.

Ten minutes later, we went down for breakfast. Lexi was wearing a beautiful white frock, blue jeans, and had tied her hair into a ponytail. She tied a ribbon to secure her hair from falling on her face, while I was wearing my usual sweats and blue jeans.

Everyone was settled in the dining room, waiting for us. “Good morning, everyone.” “Good morning!” “Come have breakfast, the two of you. You, Charlie, and Lexi will be going in the Jeep, while your mother and I will come in the car. When will we meet the neighbors, Dad?”

They will be waiting for us on the beach. "Oh, that's great," I said. The bags are already loaded into the vehicles. They all finished eating and left the house. I took my electronics in case I didn't like the group with whom we were going to spend the weekend.

All set to go! Dad's Ferrari took off first, followed by my Corolla. I was less excited about the trip than Charlie and Lexi were. On our way to the beach, we listened to music, and when I saw an ice cream shop from a distance, I asked, “Who's up for an ice cream?”

I was up for one, so I stopped the vehicle in front of the shop. I hopped out and started walking when I heard Lexi say, “I am joining you,” and she came over next to me.

A few seconds later, Charlie was following too. We had ice cream and took some selfish photos and some pictures of the surroundings. Finally, we reached our destination for lunch as planned. It read "THE DARK COTTAGE," and we pulled over.

Dad's car was already parked there with two other vehicles. One was a van, and the other was a car. I parked the Jeep next to the van, and we all jumped out. "Wow, Sam, you ride so well,” Charlie said. "Thanks," I replied.