CHAPTER 10

We went into the dense woods, which were full of thick branches and greenery. It was a bit creepy, but fine. Anyway, it was getting late, so we didn't go very far from the cottage. We came back in time to see everyone getting back to their cottages.

We ran up to Charlie to see what they were talking about. He said that we would have a bonfire tonight."That's so cool!" exclaimed Lexi, clearly very excited. We went inside and sat down to finish the movie we had started in the afternoon.

It was six when we began watching the movie. We planned to get to the bonfire at about eight because all of our parents were preparing everything for the bonfire—from BBQ to marshmallows. It was really going to be a fun evening.

The movie was interesting, and we just made it out of the hut to see that everything was ready. Kim, Jane, and the rest came out like us. "Good evening to all!"We shouted to the kids and went to the bonfire, where all the parents were babbling, laughing, and making BBQ.

It was such a nice evening with a cloudless black sky, a big round moon like twilight, and twinkling stars. George lit the dry wood so that we could feel warmth in the cold night. All the men were serving BBQ, and the ladies were seated on beach chairs with their blankets on, talking and laughing.

We kids sat around the bonfire and had fun. I turned towards the jungle to collect the flashes once more at the very spot where I had seen them in the evening. There it began again: I pointed up to the sky, then to Lexi, and finally towards the jungle.

She understood and came next to me. The parents went to the cottages first because they were tired, and Lexi and I waited until Charlie and the other kids went to bed. We entered the cottage, took some food and water, a pair of clothes, and a torch because it was dark.

We retrieved our backpacks from behind the bush near our cottage as soon as the others went to sleep. It was exciting to head towards the jungle since we weren't telling anyone about the flashes we saw from the jungle and the clue I got on the very first day of school; moreover, this was our first-ever adventure.