CHAPTER 6

We didn't stay up to talk about the clue as we had agreed. "Wake up, Sam!" shouted Lexi. "Do wake up before I freshen up and come." I groaned and turned to my right to go to sleep.

She came after fifteen minutes and opened the blinds so I would get annoyed with the light and wake up. I got up half asleep and muttered, “Oh, come on, close the blinds and let me sleep,” then fell back. First, she started jumping on the bed with her alarm clock to wake me up.

I shouted, “Shut up!” Then she started hitting me with the pillow. I think she got tired a little later, so she went to the balcony and shouted, “Sam, I feel it's going to be a bad day for us.” I let fly my sheet and ran to her. “What do you mean the day is bad?”She just pointed to the sky, and I followed her finger.

With a sad tone in her voice, she said, “I don't think we will be able to go to school today in the Jeep.” The sky was getting dark; it looked like it was going to rain. We would still be going in the Jeep. “You are stupid; for no reason, you woke me up from my sleep.”

If that's the case, then you go and freshen up and do not go back to bed. “Fine,” I said, annoyed. After I freshened up, I wore my usual clothes: denim and sweats.Sorry, Sam, I got scared; we won't be able to get in the Jeep today.

“You idiot, you just ruined my sleep,” I said. I’m so sorry, and she hit me with the pillow and started running around. I was right behind her, but she was lucky to get through the door and dash down, so we were running around the dining table and having fun like small kids (my parents were a little surprised but happy).

A few minutes later, Dad's high-pitched voice came loud and clear from our laughter. “Stop running, calm down, and sit down, or you two will knock yourselves out.” Both of us stopped running and slowly sat down. “Good morning, Mom. Morning, Dad,” I said.

“Good morning, Uncle, Aunt,” said Lexi. “Morning, kids. Are you guys hungry?” That's when we felt our stomachs rumbling, and we realized we were hungry. When we were serving food to ourselves, our stomachs rumbled, and we laughed.

We hurriedly said goodbye because we were getting late and left.

I sat in the driver's seat, and Lexi was next to me. I put on my hood as always so as not to show my face, but we were going at such a speed that my hood flew off my face when we entered the parking lot. Not only that, but I was driving like crazy.

Lexi was standing on the seat to feel the air, and we could see shocked faces looking toward us. I spun the jeep and parked it right next to the bullies that we hate, and they had to move because of the way I parked The Jeep. That was wonderful, Sam.

Thanks, I said, and I jumped out of the seat and landed smoothly. Lexi got out of the Jeep and came next to me, and we walked off to our first class. The news of me driving and having the rarest model in Georgia spread like wildfire, and just a little while later, the school got to know. (Talk spreads faster than the population of this school.)

We reached our first class, which was English. "Did you know you have the rarest model in here? Only really wealthy people have this model," she said when we were taking our seats."The bullies might not have even thought about me having that model,” I said with a smile on my face.

Literally, they had different emotions when they saw me driving. I am just waiting for the picnic. Two boys entered with the stand, and the professor came in with the projector. The boys stared at me and Lexi and then left. The professor was going to play “The Fault in Our Stars” as it was our lesson today. I had watched the movie and memorized everything, so I wasn't bothered to see what was playing.

I just doodled on my file because we couldn't talk or anything.The class was in such pin-drop silence that I could hear my breath. After the break, the other hours went quickly. When the last bell rang, we went to the Jeep and were home in fifteen minutes.

We happily went inside and saw Lexi's parents there, but we didn't hesitate. I reached out to them and said hi. She stood behind Mom, while Lexi sat next to her parents. Mom said they had been waiting for quite a while for Lexi. "What happened, Mom?"

"Darling, we will be out of town for a few days, so we won't be coming for the picnic with you. We decided to tell you that you will be staying here with Sam until we return, and also that your brother will be staying here. He will come in the evening with Sam's father.

"Both your bags have come up okay. Now we should leave. Bye, sweetheart! Oh yes, we almost shouted with double excitement. We told Mom that we were going to change. We quickly got dressed and ran down to have lunch.

While having lunch, we told Mom what happened at school and how the children were shocked to see me drive and have the rarest model, especially since it was fun to see their expressions. We all laughed.

When we were playing games on the couch, we heard Dad's car pull up, and after a long time, I ran out to greet him with Lexi. Welcome back, Dad, and hi, Charlie!Hi Charlie, good evening, Uncle. “Mom, look, Dad and Charlie are home,” we said together, smiling at each other.

My parents sat on the sofa, which faced the lobby, with Charlie and Lexi on the opposite side of them. I settled myself on the bean bag placed on the right side of the couch where my parents were seated (that's my favorite place to sit usually).

Mom, Dad, Lexi is staying over until her parents get back to town from their trip. “Excuse me, please keep in mind that Lexi has a brother who will be staying over,” said Charlie, frustrated. “How cute! You look like a baby rabbit when you are annoyed, and of course, you are,” I said with a cunning smile on my face, and everyone began to laugh, including Charlie.

"Any way you can shut your mouth, Sam? And Mrs. Al-Radh, where is my room? It's opposite Sam's. Dinner is ready!" everyone shouted together. We were in the mood to tease Charlie because he gets annoyed really fast, and it was fun to see his tomato-red face filled with anger.

Charlie sat next to Dad, and as always, we went to the other side and sat down. "Alright, kids, first you eat, and then run up to your rooms to pack your bags for the outing tomorrow." We were the first to eat, so we put our dishes in the dishwasher.

Lexi and I had our family time in the dining room while Mom, Dad, and Charlie were having dinner.As soon as they were done with dinner, we put their dishes in the dishwasher, said good night, and ran up to the room.

A few minutes later, after packing bags and making the bed, I heard Charlie's room door open and close with a click. I assumed that he had gone to bed. "Good night, Lexi." "Night, Sam."