CHAPTER 12

This has to be it. Let us look around and see if we can possibly find something.We began a search. Much was not expected from the area since it was first a jungle, and secondly, there was only a stream running through it and huge, thick trees.

It took almost an hour before we stopped searching and sat leaning against the tree to stretch our legs and hands. Gaff, I think we wasted an hour and a half just to find out about the stupid flashes that occurred. I think there were kids who came to camp, played, and left.

I think you are right, Lexi; how stupid can we be? Not only that, but I think we should go back to the cottage.Mom might be worried. Yeah, you are right; it was just a waste of time to come so deep into the jungle just to check on the flashes that were only noticed by us, not by the others who were with us.

Then there was the clue you found on the first day. We were so excited to find something in here after getting so deep into the jungle and finding nothing. As we turned to go, we felt something rising behind us. When we turned to see what happened, we tripped and fell before we could understand what to do next.

The water level increased and pulled us along with it.The next thing we did was try our best to push ourselves out and breathe some fresh air; however, the water pulled our legs twice as fast and deeper into the water.

After so much struggle and waste of energy with no success, the next thing we knew was that we were drowning and had fallen unconscious. Hours later, when I woke up, everything felt like a dream when I opened my eyes, but I looked around to see whether it was really a dream or not.

However, when I looked around, spring had changed the season from an early winter morning, and Lexi was sleeping next to me.So I awoke her and pinched myself to make sure that this wasn't some sort of dream, but indeed reality.

With a jerk, Lexi woke up, looking around to remember exactly what had happened that resulted in her being in a totally different season. "Lexi, what's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked at me with a quite confused face and finally poured out her questions. "What happened? Where are we? How did we get here?" she moaned, frustrated and scared. "Lexi, shush, calm down, and listen," I said, waiting a few minutes for her to calm down and be capable of listening to what I was supposed to say.

"Look, Lexi, do not panic about what I am going to say, okay?" She nodded since she couldn't utter a word. I think when we were looking for some clue about where the flashes occurred, the water raised above us and took us in.

So basically, we are in some other world, and to find out exactly where we are, we need to get out of this place first. It's so cold in here. Sam, where will we start? Everything looks the same. I don't know. First, let us walk, and after that, find something to eat; I have been starving since the time the stupid water pulled me in."We're okay," Lexi said, half dead from the cold. "We didn't have any warm clothes or a bonfire"

On the way, we futilely tried to find something to eat and some wood to keep ourselves warm, but we found nothing.

Slowly, night fell, and we lay down under a big tree. Gradually, without our knowledge, we had fallen asleep—a peaceful one, considering all we had gone through in a day. I think we actually didn't know how long we had been unconscious after we drowned.