CHAPTER 9

One hour later, we woke up and came out hungry to see Charlie watching television. I was not hungry in any way when I woke up. “I am hungry. I am going to have some noodles,” she said. “I want one,” said Lexi, and “me too,” said Charlie, smiling.

“Ok. I'll come soon.” When I went to the kitchen, I saw that one packet of noodles was in the bin. “Charlie, did you have that?”Um, yep. You two were sleeping when I came in, and I was hungry, so I ate one. Anyway, when did you come in? A little later, after you guys went to sleep, the noodles were ready.

I put them in three bowls, took them to the hall, and ate. A knock came at the door. We had finished eating by then. Charlie paused the movie and went to open the door while I took the bowls to wash. "What's up, Jane?" Charlie asked. "Uncle called all three of you outside."

"Okay, we are coming." "Charlie and Lexi, you guys go with Jane. I will finish this off and come." Ten minutes later, I was done with the washing, so I went out to the evening sun. It was so warm and nice. The elders were seated in beach chairs, and the children were getting ready to play.

Lexi shouted, “Sam, come on in here. We are about to start playing run and catchers.”I am, in any case, bored, so let's play a little bit, I thought. Everyone stood in a circle, so we could count on a catcher, and I was standing between Kim and Charlie.

George became the catcher, and he started running, and we had so much fun. We were having fun when I saw a flash from the corner of my eye in the deep jungle. So, I ran a little away from them and stood there, staring at the jungle from where I felt I saw a flash appear, like lightning.

I stared into the sky for a few minutes, and there came the flash—whoosh, gone. It was continuous, two or three times, and then it stopped. Lexi was next to me, staring into the sky like I was. "Do you think something is happening in there?"

Um, I think so.As soon as I completed what I said, there came another whoosh of a flash, this time a little bigger than the previous one. We looked at each other, shocked, with big round eyes.

Then we turned to face the crowd frolicking near the beach chairs. I don't think anyone noticed that thing, do you? I asked. No, I don't think so, Lexi replied. Let's go and explore. "George, Charlie, we're going to the jungle to explore, okay?" we yelled. "Fine, don't go far," George yelled back. Sure.