CHAPTER 14

We had lunch and told the girl behind the counter to pack us some food so we could have it later when we were hungry. We also weren't sure what time the shops closed or anything about this place. After that, we got out and shouted, "Beauty."

She came soon after that. "Can you take us somewhere to sleep? We really are tired and need a comfortable place to sleep." She said the only place you are going to sleep tonight is in my shed.You guys will be comfortable. Now it's too late to find a hotel because it's getting dark, and everything will be closed.

Good thing you packed stuff. That's good; then let's go to your shed. She took us there and said that we should rest in the pile of books that was in the corner. We went and jumped on the hay and lay down to go to sleep, and I said this hay is much more comfortable than our beds.

Good night to the two of you, said the beauty. We said good night together and went to sleep. The next morning was a bright Sunday, and we woke up to a soft, cold breeze that hit our faces, thus refreshing us. Though it was a Sunday, it was not very late when we woke up.

We got out of the shed, looking around and seeing so many happy faces going around, talking or selling and buying. I said to myself, "The changes of the events have changed me—is it just my imagination?" It might be because I felt the same way Lexi did.

Ha-ha, finally, you two woke up! We heard someone giggling, so we turned to our left to see who it was, and lo, it was none other than Beauty. Oh, it's your morning, we said, looking straight ahead to feel the freedom of having no one to tell us what to do and what not to do.

"Morning! The two of you have been sleeping since yesterday evening, and now you wake up feeling like the surroundings are so amusing," she said. "What?" we shouted, gazing at her, then at each other. "Yes," she replied, bursting out laughing, and we joined her.

While we were trying to stop laughing, I told Beauty how hard it was to wake me up. "Alright, enough laughter now. Go freshen up, eat, and after that, you have to go shopping because I am not letting you stay in these clothes all day." "Oh yeah, now I am feeling so bad myself after we have entered this world in the clothes we have been wearing for a couple of days now."

"Fine, are we going to stand here and talk all day, or are we going to have some food? I am really starving, and it feels like rats are running inside my stomach," said Lexi."Sure, let's go and calm your rats that are running inside you," I told her, tapping her shoulder.

We ran to Kate's Hut, where we had gone the day before to have lunch. We spent our day going around the village when we were about to head towards the mountains because Beauty had shown us around. Beauty said, with a warning on her face, that no one is allowed to go to the mountains.

"Why?