6~ First Date

Wilbur's POV:

Wilbur had just finished getting ready when he checked the time. 5:52 PM. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a yellow sweater over it. Wilbur also wore some black pants with a matching black jacket. (Picture of the outfit below)

He would have to leave soon to pick up Quackity

He would have to leave soon to pick up Quackity. Fortunately Niki arrived just as Wilbur exited his room, so he could leave immediately. He said goodbye to the kids and left the house. He picked a couple of flowers from the garden in the front yard and got into his car. Wilbur drove to Quackity's apartment complex and got out. He walked up to Quackity's door and knocked, holding the flowers.

He opened it relatively quickly and smiled up at Wilbur. "Hey Wilbur, I'm almost ready! You can wait on the couch." Quackity pointed towards the couch.

"Okay, also these are for you!" Wilbur handed over the flowers and saw Quackity's eyes winden.

"These are beautiful Wil, where did you get them?"

"My garden!" Wilbur was very proud of his gardening skills. When he had free time during the spring/summer he would garden. Sometimes Fundy and Tallulah would try and help, but they were still too young to do anything for long periods of time in the sun.

"That's adorable..." Quackity stared at the flowers and blushed when he realized he had spoken his thoughts. "Umm I'm going to find a place to put these and get ready." Quackity walked to the kitchen and grabbed a tall cup, which he then filled with water. He placed the flowers inside and walked into his bedroom to get ready. Wilbur sat down on the couch and looked around the apartment. There were a lot of boxes stacked in the corners of his apartment. Wilbur assumed that he had moved here relatively recently, and didn't have the time or energy to unpack. 

He was sitting scrolling on his phone when Quackity finally came out of his bedroom. He was wearing a white button-up shirt with a couple of the top buttons undone and some gold jewelry. He was also wearing some black jeans. Wilbur looked him up and down and blushed. "Umm.. ready to go?"

"Mhm." The two walked out and to the car. Wilbur had made a reservation at a semi-fancy place. He drove towards the location and the two talked a bit but mostly listened to music. It was comfortable and relaxing.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Wilbur got out and held the door open for Quackity. "Thanks, Wil!" 

"Of course!" 

The two walked into the restaurant and got seated. They looked at the menu and ordered steak and a bottle of red wine. They talked and flirted a bit until the food arrived. They thanked the waiter and continued their conversation.

"This steak looks good," Wilbur commented.

"Not as good as you." Wilbur was slightly taken aback that Quackity would speak like that to him. It was a nice switch though, and it made Wilbur feel good.

"Oh? You think I look good?" Wilbur smirked and opened the wine bottle, pouring some into both glasses.

"So good~ You've got good taste." Quackity blushed and looked him up and down as he spoke. Wilbur went red.

Wilbur was struggling, he wasn't used to being flirted with. He liked it, but it was slightly overwhelming. 

Quackity seemed to notice Wilbur struggling and chuckled. "Wil it's okay," he then put his hand on the table and linked hands with Wilbur. Wilbur calmed down slightly and smiled at Quackity. 

They continued to talk and eventually finished their meal. They continued to talk and sip wine for a couple of hours. Wilbur had finally checked the time, 9:21 PM. "Quackity I think I need to get home."

"What time is it?" Quackity asked.

"11:21, and Niki's watching the kids."

"If Niki's watching the kids because she knows you're on a date, she'll probably expect you back late or even tomorrow.." Quackity spoke softly to Wilbur, which made him relax a bit. 

"I guess you're right... but I'm going to text her to make sure she's okay with it." 

Niki :D

Hey Niki, is it okay if I get home later?
9:23 PM

Yeah! I was expecting that you wouldn't come home until tmr anyways
9:24 PM

Tyyy, good luck with the kids!
9:24 PM

Wilbur put his phone away. "She thought I wasn't going to come home until tomorrow."

"See? You've got nothing to worry about, from what you've told me she knows how to handle the kids."

"I guess, I just worry."

Quackity thought for a moment before speaking, "How about we go back to my apartment and relax? It's getting late and the restaurant will close soon." Quackity suggested. Wilbur thought about it for a moment before agreeing and the two drove back to the complex. When they entered the apartment they both got onto the couch and started to talk about things to watch.

They decided on a random movie and started to watch it. Neither of them realized it, but they had started to move towards each other. They only realized when they felt the other in the middle. They both blushed and Wilbur, in a sudden burst of bravery, put his arm around Quackity.

Quackity blushed and leaned his head on Wilbur's shoulder. They stayed like this for a while until Wilbur heard gentle snoring from the other.

He turned off the movie and picked up Quackity (bridal style), moving him into the bedroom. He placed him in the bed and put the covers on top of him.

He stood there debating whether or not to join him, when Quackity awoke. He saw Wilbur deep in thought and laughed a bit, before beckoning him.

Wilbur brightened up a bit and got in behind him. He wrapped his arms around Quackity's torso and closed the gap between them. Both fell asleep smiling, for the first time in a while.

_____________________
Words: 984

This chapter is shorter than I wanted, but now we're getting to the fluffier bits! :D