Home?

I am currently in my new room...at The Umbrella Academy. I was going back to the hotel when Allison stopped me and told me she talked Five into letting me stay there, Five wasn't happy about it.

I think Allison likes me and it pisses Five off.

My mom keeps trying to contact me via capsules but I refuse to open any of them. I honestly know who to believe...I can't stand Five, but he does have solid proof of some things my mom lied about.

I sat scrolling on Google, trying to find any information about The Umbrella Academy that could be useful, for what? I don't know...but I can't be in the dark anymore.

I get knocked out of my thoughts by a knock on my door. "Who is it?"

"Allison, Luther made dinner if you would like to come down and eat." The sweet girl said through the door.

I told her I would be there in a second. I hopped out of bed and made my way to the kitchen, the smell of amazing food hit my nose. My stomach growled and I realized how long it's been since I had a homemade meal.

Once I make it to the kitchen everyone is making plates and sitting down. I wasn't sure where to go as everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I got nervous and scanned the room for an empty chair.

"You can sit here." The shorter man known as Viktor smiles at me and pats a chair next to him.

I nod and do so, Allison puts a plate in front of me.

"I wasn't sure how you liked your steak, but I hope you like it." Her eyes scan over me and she smiles warmly.

"Thank you." I smile.

I slowly eat my food and look around the room, my eyes settling on the green eyes piercing into me. If they could, they would be sending laser beams through me.

I coughed a little and took a sip of some tea that was in a cup in front of me. Everyone was silent, eating their food till Diego spoke up.

"Fuck this, enough with the hospitality." He spoke up with his hand pushing his plate away.

Five looks at Diego. "Oh, here we go."

"Diego enough," Allison warns him.

"No, Allison." He mutters, looking at me again. "Are you going to attempt to kill my brother and our family again, let me know so I can go ahead and take care of you." He scoffs. "And I never miss."

I roll my eyes slightly. The Hargreeves sure have a big ass ego.

"I wasn't thinking about it." I sip my tea. "But if one of you guys try to fuck me over then the original plan is back on."

Allison looks down at her plate and I see Diego look at Five, the rest of the family watching.

"You're okay with her staying here?! After she tried to kill you...Twice." Diego questioned Five.

"If it was up to me she wouldn't be here at all but we need her help." He scoffed.

I sighed, swallowed a piece of food, and pushed my plate away. "Well..Thank you for dinner." I look at Allison and stand up, pushing my chair under. "But If you excuse me, I am no longer hungry."

I say before walking out of the room and up the stairs to my room. I almost made it to my room before Allison's voice stopped me.

"Paisley..Wait."

I turn around and look at her. "Yes?"

"Can we talk?" She asks, looking nervous.

I hesitated but nodded and ushered for her to come into my room.

She comes in and awkwardly stands in front of the door as I sit down on the bed. "You can sit down Allison, I don't bite." I laugh a little.

She nods and smiles, and a small amount of relief falls over her. She sits down next to me and looks at her fingers.

"I'm sorry for my brothers...Diego means well but." She looks up at me.

I nod. "I get it, I did get sent here to kill you and your family, he has a reason to be the way he is towards me."

She nods in agreement.

It went silent for a few seconds.

"Hey, Allison, I have a question." I look at her.

She nods for me to keep going.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I questioned her.

She hesitated for a second and pinched her eyebrows together. "You remind me of my daughter."

"You have a daughter? Where is she?" I asked.

She sighed. "Well..in the first apocalypse, I lost her due to the world ending, I went years technically without her, and when we got to this one...I finally found her again. I love her so much but..My heart will always hurt to know that my original daughter, the one I physically birthed is gone." She looked like she was going to cry but quickly wiped her face with her hand.

I nodded and rested my hand on hers. "Well, I am glad I remind you of your daughter, otherwise I'm sure I would be dead by now." I giggle to lighten the mood.

She laughs a little and stands up. "Anyways, I just wanted an apology from my brothers..and to welcome you to your temporary home."

"Thank you." I smile.

"Have a good night." She opens the door and closes it behind her.

I lay back and look at the ceiling, I wince when I put pressure on my shoulder.

Well...This is a turn of events.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, it's kinda just a filler chapter :)